586,080 active members*
3,704 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Toolbar customizing in X3 question

Toolbar customizing in X3 question

I have a question that is probably simple but I just can't find the answer...

I am setting up all the toolbars to suit me perfectly and have it almost done with one exception. When I go to add toolpath icons I find all of them except "engraving".

do any of you know how to add this to the toolpaths toolbar ? in it's in the dropdown at the top of course but I'd like to have an icon to click for convenience.

Thanks !

Previous thread

Also do a search in mastercam for "toolbar"

You can also check on the Mastercam site for nore explicit info

If a Toolbar doesn't exist, you will have to create one, name it, and add the icons you want

Thanks for your reply Steve,

I did create the toolbars that I want and added the icons and I have looked in the help files but I can not find the Engraving icon to add to my toolpaths toolbar, all the other ones are available on the customize screen under 2D Toolpaths but not Engraving.

I'll keep looking, thanks,

Steve

??? are you wanting to create an icon or a toolpath template??

eg -- if you want to engrave at a set depth along a series of curves, would you not want to have an operation that does this ??

I use a 2D contour with comps-OFF, Lead in/out-OFF, Clearance=10mm abs, return at end-ON, Retract 1.0mm incr, Top of Stock=0 incr, depth=-.2mm incr. It can be switched to 3D as well.

Once you are happy with your toolpath settings, save it to your default Ops file. Not sure, but I would say you would then associate this template to an icon which then could be placed into a toolbar.

The actual Engraving toolpaths you may be inquiring about may be an add-on for the Router component of Mastercam ( not 100% sure ).

Well I was just looking for the Engraving icon so I could drag it onto one of my new toolbars just like I was able to do with contour and pocket toolpaths for example. The Engraving TP is in the drop down at the top of the screen and I have used many times, I'm just trying to make it a little bit more convenient to select.

I have saved many tools with custom parameters so when I select them in an operation all the settings are ready to go and then I just make any changes if needed depending on what's being machined. I think this is what you are referring to (?).

I didn't know you could associate a tool or template with an icon, I'll look into this more. I just don't understand why there isn't any Engraving icon in customize toolbars ???

Much thanks for your time and help,

Steve