586,082 active members*
3,937 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lightbulb Hello from Serbia!

Hey, im new here, my name is Luka, im an architecture student, living in Novi Sad, Serbia, i attended a "Computer electronics and programing" high school, but even though i ended up here i still try to keep this a active hoby...
    Last summer i started building a CNC machine, pretty much from scrap i could find, bits and pieces of hardware, but after the finals this year i've decided to try and finish the job. Anyhow, im not at my workshop now, thats about 50km away, but i'll upload a few pics these days, just got the Z axis complete, its got a 30 000rpm Milling Head, for wood mainly. I whould very much appreciate some general advice, in terms of the general project, if there are some basic rules about the work size, the machine components, where i could order a good electronic kit, etc.
    I'm a bit confused about this item i found on e bay, can anyone explain to me, how do i mount limit switches on this kit, if there are imputs at all...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cnc-Mill-3-axis-...emQQptZLH_Defa ultDomain_0?hash=item4a9831a8a9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m 14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|240% 3 A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Sry again about the lack of pic's and plans, will get to work on that asap.

Thanx in advance!

The link you have posted does not seem to work.

hello

im also from serbia , and im in the midlle of building my router, mechanics is almoust done so the next step is what to use step or servo, the final choice will depend on the price of the material.
    Im looking forward to see your progres with the machine.
    Jovus

Hello from Serbia

Just joined this site after hearing about it. Looking forward to learning as much as I can from all of you. Maybe in time, I will be able to impart some wisdom.

I am retired Military, 1971-1993, and am now working in the Department of Corrections with the state of Florida.

Hello to all.

Question Hi

Excuse my curiosity, but what part of Serbia are you from?

Therion is from serbia i dont know exactly location , and i'm from Vojvodina, Backa palanka to be precise.Are you from former Yugoslavia ?And hello to the rest of the crew , im now in shortage with spare time so my project is at the moment stopped, soon i will try my new 4th axis, the router i was building didnot fulfill my expectations so i'm starting another made fully from alluminium.
    Curently im searching for smaller nema 34 steppers becouse mine are just too big for my router.Do you have some sort of cnc (lathe , mill, ...) ?

jovus:

Hello there jovus,

Backa Palanka, ha? It was a beautiful town (the last time I was there almost...., well, lets just say a long, looooong time ago). Yes, I was born and raised around Kikinda, and as to your last question; no, I do not have any of my own CNC m/t; however, I have plenty of CNCs in my lab at the university.

Take care, zemljace...:cheers

Hello, whats hapening with the therion build?

Serbia,birthplace of a famous tennis player:Novak Djokovic.He is my favorite player in tennis area,owning extraordinary talent and perfect skill.

hello

Quote Originally Posted by jovus View Post
    im also from serbia , and im in the midlle of building my router, mechanics is almoust done so the next step is what to use step or servo, the final choice will depend on the price of the material.
    Im looking forward to see your progres with the machine.
    Jovus
    I am sindy from China, new here. I am glad to impart some cnc machine knowlege and experience with all of you here. It is really a good place. I work for one cnc machine manufacturing and exporting company. Hope in the near future, I could offer some help about cnc machine and accessories such as stepper/ servo motor, axis kits ,controller and so on.

Hi jovus

You said that the next step is what to use step or servo, the final choice will depend on the price of the material.

I would like to give some advice. Stepper motor may be a liitle noisy but its price is lower than servo motor. I am about to post our new stepper motor and servo motor in the first forum manufacture and new products. If you are interested in them, please go there and have a look. You are also welcome to log our web:http://www.atron.com.tw. You are assured to find lots of useful machine items.