586,108 active members*
3,174 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Making a list of Fadal 104d problems

Making a list of Fadal 104d problems

I was curious of any who have taken delivery of a new or rebuilt Fadal with the 104d.

1) What problem issues have you had?
    2) What has Fadal done about it?
    3) Do you intend on keeping the machine?
    4) How long will you let Fadal try to resolve issues, before you request a replacement or refund?

I have one and want to try to build a file of complaints and problems. Some may have to use it one day if they dont get in the stick.

Thanks,
    XYZ :withstupi

XYZ,

You're new to the zone, so I just need to ask: Have you read all the other threads about the Fadal 104d control?

I think a lot of us don't want to recount the issues we've already outlined here because it would be like reliving a really bad dream. I know some of these guys have had some seriously bad performance, even dangerous conditions that they are not going to want to talk about. I know I don't, and I am just glad to be rid of that control.

If you still have yours, bummer, we got rid of ours...
    Scott_bob

Yes I have read thru the post. Very little details were given.

If there are dangerous issues why would someone want to keep that under wraps. I would like to think a decent person would want to warn others.

When you say your glad to be rid of it what did you do send the machine back and buy something else?

I thought a post listing know problems would be of help to any and all concerned, without wading thru the cyber babble thats in other postings about the control.

Our 104d CNC was on lone to us by Fadal, they were generous I suppose I should say...
    We just could no longer spare the personel to fiddle with proffed programs that would end up not working on the 104d. Of course we would not determine the set up would not work only after spending a bunch of time. This ended up being a big drain on our already stretched set up personel. It just was not worth it to us, so we asked them to take bake their CNC.

I am at home so I don't have the data at hand that you'd be interested in...
    Scott_bob

We have had our 4525/104d control with the newest version of software installed which is 1.04.00. The latest version that is out that we have been told about. There have been nothing but problems with this control since the day we had it. Way to many critical errors!!

-No rapid in a program when using cutter comp in the negative value.
    -Tapping errors,,something about trying to calibrate spindle
    -Feed control override will work then not work.
    -x,y,z selector on hand pendant will not sometimes work, Which resulted in the machine just taking off in the x or y axis when going to manual mode.Very dangerous.
    -Connecting problems to computer when booting up machine .(networking)
    -Spindle not up to rpm,,,way off..
    -Hmi critical error,,??????? A new one the other day...
    -It's just something new every week.

Machine seems mechanically sound but has a really bad control on it...

Fadal is taking it back and we are getting a new 4525 with a fanuc 18i-mb5 control on it...or the old legacy 88 control....

Hope this helped..Good luck.

Quote "-Spindle not up to rpm,,,way off.."
    I'm thinking that is a high-low range issue. When that happens to me, I need to MDI an M3 which requires a change in high and low range.

What software revision?

If the machines you are complaining about don't have the most recent software ( Ver. 01.04.00 ) then call your distributor and request the upgrade.

Many problems with this control have been eliminated with this release.

Quote Originally Posted by 2alpha
    If the machines you are complaining about don't have the most recent software ( Ver. 01.04.00 ) then call your distributor and request the upgrade.

Many problems with this control have been eliminated with this release.

We have had the latest version which is 1.04.00 for about 2 months now with all of the problems that I have previously listed in my thread, Still existing now. Hello,,, To many problems with this control. Better choose wisely.

Angry fadal junk

i have fadal 20x40 with the junk the new 104d control. i spend more time re seting it up then i do running it. i would love to send it back. but has to be a software prob. in order to send it back. still have to use g8.1 at feed lines, still cant see sum programs , no single block will not work in sub. dam arm alarms out and losses tool pos. so i have to re set up after this. and what the hell good is windows you cant use it. i was told it will never be able to run gibbs or any window program while machine is running. good news is got a new haas. runs great makes the fadal look stupid.

We just got a new Fadel at wok. How do you know what control is on it?

Eric
    I wish it wouldn't crash.

Check out their website, they have pics of the fanuc, 104d, and seimens.

The older versions were the 88hs, and 32mp. They still make those too I think.

Talking

if it looks like you can launch the space shuttle its a 104 d .

Our has a flat, vertical screen, no keyboard, and no Windows.

Eric
    I wish it wouldn't crash.

fadal 1.05.00

got new soft ware today so far sub prog still cant see it. will post any other prob.