586,069 active members*
3,503 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Impressive!

Smile Impressive!

This past weekend my son and myself had the pleasure of spending some time with Gene and Tommy at the IH shop in CT. Before I entered the IH building I was torn between one of two machines. About a month ago I spent time visiting the competition, the Tormach mill, it was a nice machine. I do not have anything bad to say about that mill. After visiting with Gene and Tommy and playing with the IH mill for about 14 hours, we left the building at 1:30 am on Sunday, my decision was made. What a machine! The pictures on the web site do not give the mill enough credit. This is a big powerful mill. The things that Tommy did with this mill was impressive. We've seen how the CNC mill is made in the shop and what parts are made at the shop to produce the mill. I am sold on this mill. My next purchase will be a turnkey CNC mill from Industrial Hobbies. Thank you Gene and Tommy for a great visit.

Paul

Coltsfan,

I figure by your name you must be in Indiana??????? Are you planning on purchasing the IH mill soon or is it down the road?

Bob

Hi Bob,

I am actually from Wheatfield N.Y. It is a little town about 30 minutes north of Buffalo. I have been a Colts fan since I was a little kid. Johnny U. was my childhood hero. I have never been a fan of the Bills, just the Colts. If everything proceeds as planned I will be ordering the IH mill within the next month.

Paul

Darn.........I was hoping Indiana. Would love to see the IH mill up close and personal. Think I'll post to see if any are in Indy.

coltsfan;
    It is always a fun time when someone comes and visits. It is a great learning experience for all. Everyone is welcome to visit 7 days a week. Just give us a call and let us know when. As always, thanks for the support.
    IHCNC
    Gene & Tommy

coltsfan,
    did the trip myself. really worth the drive. as an old time machinist the time spent learning the ih cnc there at ih made it all the better. great guys and a great cnc mill. i get jobs now that i couldn't do on my bp. if you never saw one you are gonna be surprised how big it really is. the cadcam that comes with the cnc is real easy to use even for me.
    oltimer