586,036 active members*
3,578 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > haas intuative programming question

haas intuative programming question

we have several newer haas machines at my new shop.2 toolroom lathes and a couple of vertical mills.i was told that the newer intuative programs will directly accept a dxf file from a disc to add toolpath right at the control.i took a small crash course on the intuative about a yr ago for a tl-2.this was never mentioned.how can i tell if these machines will accept a dxf file?

The way I understand it is it has to be a machine that was made in the last month or 2, or has had a software update in the last 3 months. I forget the version number of the software for that dxf addition/[art.

We got a brand new ss and we are 1 version out of that software. I was going to try to see if I could get a software update for it in the next few weeks. Probably not but it would be worth a try.
    I know I would more than like never use it cause I have never found a dxf file that was worth a crap unless I made it, and if I make a dxf I might as well make the cam program on the pc also.

I would never trust anyone elses DXF file or program on my machine, unless they wrote me a certified check for the machine cost

Delw