586,096 active members*
3,775 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Adelaide: Suitable electrics?

Hello there, I'm a year 12 student in Adelaide with the ambition to become a mechanical engineer. I have been planning a conversion on a X2 that I will purchase in the following weeks, hopefully in time for school holidays.
    I was wondering if this kit i spotted on ebay will be substantial enough to drive the X2; http://cgi.ebay.com.au/3-axis-CNC-pa...3%3A1|294%3A50

Also are there any other cheap options, I have investigated the hobbycnc kits but apparently due to the mid band oscillation they require harmonic stabilization and overall are not recommended.

I considered making my own VMC style milling machine but opted out due to the expenses involved in linear slides. Also if anyone has any second hand ball screws they are interested in selling send me a pm.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hey there, sorry haven't been on the forum for a while so didn't see your message eariler. I'm a Mechanical Engineer (Mechatronic actually) and live in Adelaide. If your still doing this project and need any help PM me and i can give you my email address.

Cheers
    Matt