586,077 active members*
3,997 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

3040 laser and Turbocad to Newly draw.....

Im using a 3040 with newlydraw, normaly with no problems but only with files i have done some time ago, today i was drawing some new parts on turbocad, saved as a DXF ( as i always do , but havent drawn any for about 6 months so cant remember much!) ,

then i changed over to the other computer and loaded into newlydraw , nornaly this is fine but on loading the DXF i now have the part i want to cut ( drwn with spline by control points ) , i am sure the eliptical shape i have drawn normaly cuts out, but this time i have the elipse surrounded by a frame of angled straight lines forming a frame between the control points as well as the elipse, when it cuts it cuts both

Does anyone know / have a guess at What i have done! , why is turbocad exporting the control point frame, it doesnt show on the drawing in turbocad , or is it a setting on newlydraw i have changed?

In TurboCAD when you save as DXF, click on 'Setup' and make sure you have AutoCAD R12 selected. I also suggest checking 'Unblock' and 'Explode Text' for maximum compatibility with NewlyDraw.

Zax.

Thanks, thats sorted it, i also had it drawn as grouped parts,it needed to ungroup all the bits, then still got the frames, selected the unblock,text and autocad r14 and it now works