586,096 active members*
3,696 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help required please

Hello Everyone, I don't know if I am posting under the right section or not. I have looked and this seemed the most appropriate.

I am a novice 'CNC'er' and I am attempting to cut a number of components using a AXYZ Millennium router (a 2001 edition -I think) on which I am cutting 12mm plywood using a 6mm three flute cutter. I using a feed speed of 450mm/sec (doesn't travel 450mm per second though) and a plunge speed of 300mm/sec. However I am getting error code 11 when I am setting the cut bottom and top and the surface height (function 4+8) and error code 45 when seeking X and Y origins (function 12). Also I am snapping router bits when cutting. I am not sure why this is, everything is tight, the correct collet is being used, and the work is securely held down using the vacuum bed. Please can someone help identify the meanings of the error codes etc and a possible reasons to why bits are snapping so readily...I have gone through 3 x 6mm bits today without actually managing to cut any components.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Powely

Get hold of the machine manual. There has to be some instructions on how to set it up, and the meaning of error codes.

As for bits breaking, are you running the spindle anywhere near 50,000 rpm? Hint: calculate how many turns the bit makes (at your spindle speed) when the material moves 1 inch. How much chipload does each cutting edge have to take per rotation? Is it a reasonable number?
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi, thanks for your reply. I do have the manual but it doesn't say what the error codes are (or at least I can't find them?), however when the error code comes up it does say to consult the manual. *confused*

I am unsure what the rpm is and I am don't know how to calculate it either? Can you help further with this? As I say I am a novice and had little training provided to me.

Again any help is greatly appreciated.

Powely

Have you tried contacting tech support?

http://www.axyz.com/sys/router/millennium/
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Like the Moderator stated.....you need to know your RPM of the spindle before you can start cutting. Otherwise you are shooting in the dark. Also look in your glossory in the manual for error code listings. They should be there. If not, try to locate them on the internet using your machine make and model or consult the MFG. of the machine. Also the 6MM bit you are using is just way too small. You said it's a 3 flute ? Then there is no room for chip clearance. I would try a 10MM or 9MM bit with only 2 flutes. Unless you are making several passes you need to match the tool dia. to the thickness of the material for best operation. Cutting 12MM material with a 6MM bit in one pass is not a good practice. If your machine is powerful enough not to stall out then the bits will brake or parts will fly as you are discovering.
    We all live in Tents! Some live in content others live in discontent.

What brand and model number is the 6mm bit? How deep are you cutting. I've heard of people cutting 3/4" material at 1000ipm with a 1/4" compression spiral. Similar to your speeds. But you really need to know the rpm, because it would be extremely critical at that feedrate.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

To find the RPM you could hire an optical tachometer- you basicaly stick a reflective bit of tape on the spindle, start her up and the tachometer tells you the RPM. they're about 200 quid to buy.
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Hi

I am undergoing through the same problem.

==> After M19, my spindle orients properly but it jerks suddenly

==> Also if i rotate the Clamped spindle by hand it moves 2 to 3 degrees & again tries to restore its original position.

I think i should increase the clamping force on spindle after M19 - BUT

1. Is it possible to change through Parameter Setting ?
    2. What is the recommeded force ?
    3. What is maximum force & need to know if any consequences are there if the force exceeds maximum limit ?

Thanks...Need Help Urgently.

Ash

Also attaching a parameter dictionary for easy refrence.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Help required please

occasionally contacts need to be cleaned and tightened .. the wire ends into the connectors lose contact and fail ... in X .. Y or Z
    Use clean contact and carefully tighten the wires to the terminals arriving engine on board and three drivers . Sometimes also with prolonged use .. can be static or influence the frequency inverter .. these machines need a good grounding ..
    It is all I know