586,096 active members*
3,704 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Auxillary I/O Adlink

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? I just installed an adlink PCI 7248 aux I/O card and now whenever I try to boot the controller I get an initialize error - IOlib - IOopen. When I click ok it just goes back to the desktop. If i set the aux card type to 0 in CNC setup the controller boots up just fine. I have followed the instructions camsoft provides on installing auxillary I/O cars in winXP to the best of my ability but I am missing something....any ideas? And as a side note, what kind of company sells you it's products and then wants to gouge you after the fact for customer service over the phone? A REAL machine tool control manufacturer has free customer service for customers who have spent some decent money on their gear. (3 CNC pro packages with flat panels in the past 4 years for me) The next retrofit I do is not likely to be a camsoft one......unless they wake up and treat me a little better.

When I foul up something trying to get windowes hardware and software working and playing well together; and I've done it often, i start over. Go nuclear, reformat, reinstall OS, reinstall software. Werks fer me.

Karl