586,817 active members*
6,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Meldas 50M Alarm

Hello all,
    I'm a new member with an alarm problem on a Leadwell VMC equiped with a MELDAS 50m controll.

I'm getting... S01 17 Z The manual tells me its.... AD converter not responding correctly on innishillisation. Have had machine for a couple of years and achieved great results, but now cannot get into machine ready state.No idea what next.

Lawrence B. (New Zealand)

Alarm 17

Found attachment at MEAU. Also check all cooling fans in servo units. Make sure all are operating and up to speed. Unplug any suspected fan that is bad and recycle power on sequence. Lee
    Attached Files Attached Files

vmc 25 medalist M50

can you help me with my leadwell vmc 25?.....i am in desperate need of a copy of the LADDER...my battery went dead and i lost all prams and ladder all of it!!! i sure could use sme help!!!

You should be able to load in the Ladder from the FROM of the control.
    Hit the following button sequence to load the ladder from the FROM to the SRAM.
    F0 - FILE - 4RUN/SP - 1 - INPUT - F0 - IO ST. - 4ROMWRT - READ - Y - INPUT.
    Power off and on and the ladder should be there.

so the ladder has been in the machine all along? but we put in a ladder from service tech and we dont have any tool turret / tool changer ...the tech said we have the wrong ladder? should i try this? with this new info?

The FROM doesn't need a battery back up so as long as it was written to FROM by the OEM like it is supposed to be it should be there. The ladder you have in there now you can back up before doing the procedure above. You can output it through RS232 by dong a (99) (all3). Make sure the ladder is stopped or else it won't output. You may want to back it up just in case there is nothing in FROM and you over write the ladder that's in there now.

ok...i'll give it a try....cant understand why the tech that was here for 3 days @ 150 a hr didnt know that!!!! but anyhow..THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi I'm newer in this site, I have a Meldas 50M COntroller with this error M01 Operation Error 0006 XZ. Someone have any advice to resolve this error. And I lost all parameters and ladder program for a grinding wood machine. thanks...