586,110 active members*
3,392 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Uncategorised CAD Discussion > external threads display help

external threads display help

can anyone help me get the threads display to work in the 3-d hole cut menu? if there is a tutorial where can i find it?

3D Hole Cut Menu, I don't follow what your saying. Are you referring to the Hole Cut Feature??

If so, you won't see any visual threads. If you need to see threads you can use the Helical Cut Feature.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

in the hole cut menu there a opinion for cosmetic thread display. i have tried it and there are no threads.why? what am i doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by norvil1 View Post
    in the hole cut menu there a opinion for cosmetic thread display. i have tried it and there are no threads.why? what am i doing wrong?
    To be honest, I never really used it. Have you asked on Alibre's Forum?? Someone there will know.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

The cosmetic thread is for the 2D drawing generated from the solid. This way you get the dashed line when the drawing is generated from the solid.

thanks for answer