586,094 active members*
3,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Meldas servo driver needed

WANTED -- Looking for a MITSUBISHI MDS-A-SVJ-03 Servo drive unit.These are out of a Meldas M50 controller. Thanks
    Lawrence B

let me guess,mitsubishi said around 10,000 for a new servo pack or 2,500 to fix it?i have the same problem with mine,i found out what blew in the drive and was able to find it overseas,mitsubishi wouldnt sell the part to me,i will never buy a machine with there controller again,they only want to rape you,not help you

SORCHEROR
    You think Fanuc, Siemens, or any other CNC manufacturer is going to do any different?
    Lawrence B
    You can contact Mitsubishi Germany at +49-2102-486-1850 or Mitsubishi US at 1-847-478-2500. They can sell you a drive or repair your drive.

fanuc,siemens,no,hass anilam miltronics centroid would,i fixed my drive for $455 for the local service guy and $180 part,which mitsubishi wouldnt sell to me,i had to buy from china
    next new machine i buy will be a hass later this year
    in this economy people cant afford $2500.00 to fix or $10,000.00 new,and i would think the machinery dealers cant afford to loose sales like mitsubishi just did,nothing personal just money and business,i need to have fast,affordable service which you cant provide

I just talked with Mitsubishi because your numbers seemed a little off. To get an MDS-A-SVJ-03 repaired would cost you about $550 (flat rate). The repair also comes with a one year warranty. What kind of warranty did you get from the part you received from China or your repair tech?

Quote Originally Posted by onthebumper View Post
    I just talked with Mitsubishi because your numbers seemed a little off. To get an MDS-A-SVJ-03 repaired would cost you about $550 (flat rate). The repair also comes with a one year warranty. What kind of warranty did you get from the part you received from China or your repair tech?
    You beat me to it, I called my contact in Chicago and has yet to get back to me, but your numbers are closer to what I have experienced in the past.
    The whole system for an M50L is no more than $12 to $14,000.00, if that now.
    A while back, Mitsubishi were dumping last years equipment on Ebay, VFD's were going for 10c on the $ and M50 systems for $7,000.00.
    I suspect they got complaints from re-sellers as it seems to have dried up. :
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

you guys arent reading my post correctly,i said my was a servo pack,the older meldas has all 3 drives in one servo pack,they gave me a price of 9,200 new,2,500 fixed flat rate
    when board your machine has i dont know,my facts are straight,ask mitsubishi your self,that isnt the point i was trying to make,they dont want to offer any help or parts on the older machines,maybe yours is newer and your lucky,either way im not buying there products again,and the part from china has a replacement guarantee on it if it doesnt work,which i found odd,since electrical stuff is usually not covered

you said your single drive was 550 to fix,so at 3 of those thats 1650 but theres more boards in the servo pack so i guess thats why its 2500 for mine,i just wasnt offered any help from mits other than new or fixed,we knew which parts was bad,and had to find one ourselves

at 550 to fix yours with warranty i would do it,thats reasonable enough
    good luck