586,123 active members*
3,426 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mori Manuals Needed HELPPPP!!!!!!

If anyone has a set of manuals for a SL-3H with Yasnac LX-1 controls. The maintenance and Operation in particuliar. Also the factory parameters on disc. I pulled a BoneHead move. While setting up the RS-232 on my machine I accidentally overwrote the parameters for the machine. I left the parameter switch on when I sent the first program out to the machine. Well that writes to the parameters. I have all the user parameters 6000-8000 ?? But what I get when I put in a Program number it says memory full and the control shuts off. Also the spindle control seems to be disabled. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tim @ Precision Performance

lx1 manuals

Here is the link for the lx 1 manuals on the yaskawa website.
    http://www.yaskawa.com/site/dmsearch...pg=Controllers

This is where I got my operators and maintaince manual. I am in the same boat you are trying to get my rs232 hooked up on the same machine. I was going to go get the parts to make up a cable today. Hope this helps your cause.

Jason

Correct link for lx 1 manual

The link I posted when I try it does not go to where I copied it from. It diverts you to the invert drive website. But from that page go to the column on the right side and select search for controllers. This will then allow you to find the lx1 control. Then chose manuals for document type and hit search. It should give you 3 results. Hope this helps.

Jason

Thanx Jason

Thanx for the info Jason. I already have the Yaskawa manuals I'm looking for the mori manuals there more machine specific than the Yas ones. I've got my service guy looking for them for me. Mori has them but at $300-$400 each that puts the whole set of them at about $1800. If I have to I'll pony up the cash. Be very mindful when you change the Parameters that you change the switch back to System or the first time you send a program to the machine it will overwrite the Parameters. As soon as i get this all straightened out you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll make sure that I save a copy of the parameters back to my computer. Tim @ Precision Performance

mori manuals

Tim the only other manual I have for my machine is a operation manual I bought on ebay. It is a Mori seiki copy that a guys sells on ebay for $68.
    Here is a link http://cgi.ebay.com/Mori-Seiki-Yasnac-LX-1-Lathe-Operation-Manual_W0QQitemZ270289302519QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3eee7f73f7&_trksid=p3286. c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A 1205%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Jason

I saw that One

I saw that manual Jason does it have the parameter discription in it? How far do the parameter numbers go? 1200? or just 6000-8999. And by the way i have the parts list for my machine it could be copied pretty easy if you need any info as far as part numbers. Do you by any chance have the original copy of the parameters it should have come on a disc. Tim

Parameters Table

Tim,

I do not have a disc of origional parameters but I have a table from Yaskawa that was what my machine was set to. It lists the serial number on the front and inside they list any changes they made when they set the machine up. It is only the 6000 series and 7000. I think the lower number you refered to are only input and outputs 1000-1329. I also have a table that shows those but I think they are also list and described in the back of the manual I showed the link to above. It has all described in the appendix. I can send you a copy of my parmeters table in the mail or it would probable fax ok. I noticed the ones that way sent you on the other mori site where a little different than some mine are set to. I did not take the time to figure what was different. The only other things I have are a ladder diagram and a electrical parts list. The electrical parts may be a little hard to copy it is on larger paper (11 x 17) but the ladder diagram I could copy easily. E-mail me a fax number if you want and I can try to send you some things.

Is your parts manual for the machine as a whole? Showing break downs of the machine pieces? I would be interested in a copy of that.

Let me know

Jason

My e-mail is [email protected]