586,377 active members*
2,609 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma OSP700L Alarm Code 1711; Incorrect Tool Number.

Okuma OSP700L Alarm Code 1711; Incorrect Tool Number.

Okay. I am a newbie to this Okuma Cadet OSP700L. I work at my company as a Admin Assistant but with my computer skills, my boss handed me the job of changing the BATTERY on this CNC Machine. I was fortunate to have downloaded a guide in this forum and also was faxed additional information from Okuma. I done everything as instructed in the guides. Now when I turn on my machine and try to test the tool change in manual mode, I will get that alarm code/error code 1711, where it states; "Incorrect Tool Number." Ummmm, what elase can be wrong, I backed up all my parameters and also the .PBU files, which I also uploaded it all back into the machine.

Let me know if anyone can help me. You can email me a number and I am willing to call you. I've tried with Okuma Techs already and they believe that the Turret might be damaged, if not the the parameter is off. But how will I fix it. I am sure that the problems is with the parameter... Can someone help me?

Are you calling up a tool that exists on the turret ?

Suppose, it's not related to existing or non existing tool in the turret. I see other problem here. You returned too many parameters after battery exchange and You didn't followed Okuma manual. If You would operate with Emergency stop for bttery exchange.
    It's possible, that turret moved (indexed) befoore parametars back. If You restore machine parameters at that condition, You have different present tool number in machine brain from that one which is selected indeed.
    This is most optimistic case - You just find required parameter and set it to be proper tool number. You need to check total numbet of tool in turret also.
    The less optimistic coul be if You wrote damaged parameters - broken file or improper serial connection.
    Anyway, more diagnostics is required. You check if turret index mechanical position is correct - does tool tip goes through center of spindle rotation. Next - turret index sensors (check data screen) signals ...

When I replace the battery, YES I used the E-STOP and then replaced it and followed the instructions using the BATTERY CONNECTION disk as well. Ummm. I also read and check the alram code. Seems like there isn't much I can do. Can it be that my parameters where corrupted or no good BECAUSE I see that I am missing a file. This is the file, MD0:LNCUC02-A.PBU. When I tried to load the IGF/GRAPHIC data and MAC-MAN parameter, I needed to disabled the protection of that missing file listed above and when I tried to, it stated that file does not exist. Can that be the problem? What is that file and is it important.

lathe PLC Alarms

turret position limiy switches are indicating an invalid position
    probable faulty location : turret position limit switch
    mesure to take: check turret position limit switchs and port connection

it's from the alarm/error book for the osp700l
    check limit switch first

maybe your reinstall mix the switch order

THANK YOU ALL for trying to RESOLVE my problem. I RESOLVED it myself... I had to call the OKUMA HEAD QUARTER in NC and they explained the steps to installing the software/apps and YES first, I installed it according to a fax copy that I recieved from an Okuma Tech but the proper way to REINSTALL the software/apps was to first install the Disc 1-8 in install mode and then reboot the machine in install mode again and then choose the option "EXTEND" and then again choose the option "EXTENDED INSTALL", then install the disc 9 -10, or you can called it the CUSTOM DISC 1 and 2... So, yeah I skipped the second step in the installation, but then my instruction which was faxed to me had nothing about it.... Anyways, my BKUP or the parameter, A.TOP and .PBU files are all GOOD. But again, thank you all for trying to help me. My Okuma is up and running...