586,075 active members*
4,274 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Soliciting Haas Macro Advice

Hello all,

I have another situation I need help with--this one is not so critical, though.

The following concerns a Haas TM-1.

I have no experience writing macros, but I'd like to have an alarm go off whenever the machine's M30 counter hits a certain number, then zero out the M30 counter.

I'm aware that Haas controllers have a function for tool life where you can set an alarm threshold that goes off after a certain amount of tool changes, and that is exactly what I'm looking to do, but this routine doesn't require a tool change. Rather than writing a macro, is there a parameter to advance the tool usage counter when a tool is called, but not actually changed?

Also, as a bonus question, I was wondering if there is a way to sound an audible alarm to warn an operator of the forthcoming end of a program, or if I have to install an alarm and connect it to one of the miscellaneous M code relays.

Thanks again,
    MC

(TOOL LIFE ALARM) Marco

Just put this in your program after the tool runs each time You can change the # numbers to use it on more than one tool #632 would be what you set for your limit of how many parts to run on the tool. I set this up for our mill
    the #1129,#1139 may be different on your machine try it in MDI the rest should work ok when the alarm is set off it will put a masage on the screen and put the machine in Feed hold
    O1234
    PART PROGRAM HERE

#631= #631 + 1 (COUNTS 1 TIME EACH TOOL IS RAN)
    (TOOL LIFE ALARM)
    IF [ #631 GE #632 ] GOTO1000
    IF [ #631 LT #632 ] GOTO1001
    N1000
    #631= 0 (SET COUNTER TO ZERO)
    #1129= 1 (RED LITE ON)
    #1139= 1 (BUZZER ON)
    (ALARM STATEMENT)
    #3006= 1 (CHANGE 3/4 MILL)

#1139= 0 (BUZZER ON OFF)
    #1129= 0 (RED LITE OFF)
    N1001
    NEXT TOOL PART PROGRAM HERE

Excellent. Thank you very much. I'll plug that in when I get a chance and test it out.

I'm looking to start incorporating more macros into my programming. Does anyone know where I would go to find a comprehensive list of macro variables? For example, how did you know that #1139 controls the buzzer, chucker?

I program for both a Haas TM-1 and a Miyano with a Yasnac i-80 controller. Google isn't very helpful in this department. Is it something I'll have to go to the manufacturer for?

Fanuc%20Variables(1).xls
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmachining View Post
    I'm looking to start incorporating more macros into my programming. Does anyone know where I would go to find a comprehensive list of macro variables? For example, how did you know that #1139 controls the buzzer, chucker?
    Things like #1139 can be found in your mantaince manaul the are called descrett inputs and outputs