586,075 active members*
4,198 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Turbocad//cam v14

Okay, I found out how to switch from mill to lathe. I've set up a couple test routines, but I can't seem to set up a simple "turn" routine. I've gone through the wizard, set up the part, the tool, etc... But when I try to use the turn function a blue box appears on the wrong side of my part (looking down at it) and it askes me to select a contour. Well, no matter where I click on the part, on the screen, all it does is give me a beep and won't move forward. Is there a step that I'm missing? Any suggestions? Looking at the front of my spindle, I want to have my tool on the left side and turn the part counter clockwize.

Update

This seems kind of messed up. I finally figured out how to make the lathe contour, and created a turn routine. I tested it on my machine and it was feeding on the z axis instead of the x axis.

I've tried to change the axis in my drawing in turbocad, but it always requires me to change the workplane and then it goes right back to the default xyz coordinates.

Surely someone else must have encountered these same challenges?

CANT HELP YOU ON THIS I TURN TCAD IN TO DXF,S AND GO TO RHINO CAM I LOVE TCAD BUT NOT THAT MUCH THAT MUCH THAT I WOULD GIVE YOU A BUM STEER PS ROB BERRY GAVE ME A FREE TRIAL OF TURBOCAM AND I PROMISED HIM I WOULD BUY IT. SOZ I LIED BUT FELL IN LOVE WITH RHINO FROM STUGOD NO XUCKING PLUGS FOR ME WEBSITE EITHER ROTTERS PIP

Bob -

I don't have the CAM package (I use SprutCAM), but I can help with the drawing part. I assume you are drawing your part in XY mode in TurboCAD, and that you are drawing 2D, not 3D. Is that correct?

You should be able to draw your part as you want it, then select everything and rotate it about one of the three axes (without changing the workplane). For example, draw the part, select everything, then rotate 90 degrees about the X axis. Your part should now be in the XZ plane instead of XY.

If you want to continue to edit the part after you rotate it, you have two options: First, you could select everything again and rotate it back to XY, or second, you could change your view (for example, a front view to edit XZ) and then change the workplane to current view and continue editing.

Does this help?

Regards,

- Just Gary