586,042 active members*
3,686 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Basic Operation Package

Hi,

I got a 18i-MB5 standalone CPU from a industry surplus. Along with the CPU I got disks with Focas and Screen Display Function.

As far as I could find in the manuals, it looks like the Basic Operation Package is missing, which gives me access to all Parameters and low level boot functions.

What is the legal situation with BOP? Is it a separate product that has to be bought from Fanuc or is it a feature coming along with the CPU which I can get for a reasonable amount of money ?

Thanks for your reply.

Uli

The stand alone version you got should support HSSB. You would need a optical cable and a HSSB card for the PC side. You don't need to run BOP, CNC Screens will work fine - they mimic all Fanuc cnc screens
    Gary Caravella CNC Engineering Inc.
    www.cnc1.com 860 749-1780

Thanks Gary,

there is a HSSB card, but I do not have the PCI-HSSB-card for the PC side. And this looks like a pretty serious investment.

If I use HSSB with my Screen Display Function software, will this give me more access than operating it via ethernet ?

Best regards
    Uli

The PC-HSSB Card and the optical cable cost about $1000.00. You should be able to use the Ethernet but you will need Ethernet CNC Screens for the PC - I assume you have HSSB CNC Screens now. This is less than $100. Ethernet will run more slowly then HSSB because it does not have a dedicated processor.
    Gary Caravella CNC Engineering Inc.
    www.cnc1.com 860 749-1780

Thanks Gary,

I have Ethernet Screen Display Software. I managed to patch the SRAM-File for a valid IP-Address and I get access to the controller. But it is still limited.
    I can't run the PMC ladder and I do not get access to the boot screens. The latter looks important for me as I want to make F-Rom backups to be sure that no software option get lost while I am experimenting with the CPU.

BTW: Is there any information around about the structure of the SRAM Files ?
    Could be interresting to write software to set parameters offline.

Best regards
    Uli