586,123 active members*
3,470 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

help me mr. wizard

Hi all. I've been given a "problem" to figure out by my supervisor.

I am running a Mori-Seiki SV-50, control FS-15M. There is a light on the top of the machine which shows green while the machine is in cycle. My manager noticed that the green light is sometimes on at other times.

I experimented with it and found that using MDI mode would cause the green light to come on, and that it would stay on till given an M30, either from a program cycled or in MDI.

He is adamant that this is a problem which needs to be fixed and I would like to satisfy him. Can anyone help me?

Cycle Start

Hello,
    It appears as though the Pat light (Signal Tower) is tied into the Cycle Start of the CNC. That way, when Cycle start has been activated, the green light is on. Unfortunately, any cycle start will activate the green light, whether in Auto mode or MDI mode.
    You can try tying in the green light of the signal tower to the Spindle On signal, that way the light will be on only during spindle operation. Or the other option, which may be quite expensive, is to get some type of monitoring software, like Predator, or something.

thanks

Thanks for your answer. Anyone else have any ideas which might work without reprogramming the ladder logic. Doesn't seem to be controlled by a parameter as I'd hoped.

I see you have a duplicate post happening here :nono:
    I took it to be a Fanuc 15 from your other post, but it looks like I may be mistaken.?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Pat light

SV50 would be a 16 or higher. I've NEVER seen a 15 on a SV. Only way to change the status of the light is to change the ladder, or wire the light to an external M code.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    SV50 would be a 16 or higher. I've NEVER seen a 15 on a SV. Only way to change the status of the light is to change the ladder, or wire the light to an external M code.

You're right, it is an 18 control. I got in a hurry and just copied data from the CAP screen. I am an idiot.

It was handy to be able to give my supervisor an answer in a timely fashion. Our maintenance man agrees with you.

Thanks to all who answered me.