Quote Originally Posted by onthebumper View Post
The Fusion system consists of two parts. One is the CNC which has it's own CPU and the other is the PC side which has it's own CPU. The key in this case is to figure out which side is having the problem and deal with that side. In many cases this is not so easy because of how the two systems are integrated. For instance you can get a non system disk error and it may be the NC side.
The fact that you say the control comes up with a 9 usually means the NC side is ok, but there still may be a problem here. The fact that windows doesn't boot up completely makes me want to say there is a problem on the Hard Drive (PC side). You can try to hook a keyboard into the PS2 connection on the back of the operation panel. I believe if you hit the F10 key on boot up you can get into the BIOS settings but it is not recommended to change these settings. Maybe if you can boot up in safe mode you can get the machine going? I am not a windows expert so I'm not sure which direction to give you here.
If you are desperate to try something then you can clear the NC memory by changing the rotary switch on the control board to a 7 and power up. It only takes a few seconds and your SRAM will be cleared. This includes all of your parameters, tool offsets, R registers, work offsets, maintenance data, etc. Programs are stored on the hard drive so they will not be lost. Be careful with this though because if this is not your problem it may take you longer to get the machine back up when you find the real problem.

note: the NC Backup folder is not a backup for the control data. It is a backup of the Main B software. Main B is the software that runs on the windows side and creates the screens as well as communicates to the NC side.
Make sure to backup the Mainte folder. The file srambkf.dat is especially important and can save you a ton of time, if it is a good file.
Hi, I have this problem! The battery behind the Control Panel (A silver and black one) was dead so I changed it. I did this procedure with the lathe turned on hoping that parameters wouldn't be lost, but error 26 missing parameter appeared whatsoever. Now I have some led alarms, first the PS EMG and the WDER led are turned on. I have a 9. next to the rotary switch. I would like to do this procedure but I don't have a way to use a computer next to the lathe because of restrictions of my company. I navigated algo in the explorer and found a bunch of folders and files but I don't know what folder or file exactly I have to use to load the parameters. I have some pictures of them! Can you help me to know which file has the parameters and need to be loaded?