586,489 active members*
2,473 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc repair service needed in mid-south.

Fanuc repair service needed in mid-south.

Can somebody recommend a repair service for my Fanuc OT-A controller on a Clausing CNC-3000 lathe? I lost upload/download ability several years ago but all other funtions were ok until now, I lost the jog and other parts of the screen. I am in Oxford Mississippi, about 1 hour south of Memphis TN. Does anybody know of someone we can hire to fix it? Thanks, Paul, [email protected] 662-915-5664

Quote Originally Posted by ncpapaul View Post
    Can somebody recommend a repair service for my Fanuc OT-A controller on a Clausing CNC-3000 lathe? I lost upload/download ability several years ago but all other funtions were ok until now, I lost the jog and other parts of the screen. I am in Oxford Mississippi, about 1 hour south of Memphis TN. Does anybody know of someone we can hire to fix it? Thanks, Paul, [email protected] 662-915-5664
    i would probably call fanuc on this one.. they have a special card that will back up all the parameters at once.. then you can ask them to try to fix the chips on the memory board or mainboard...

plus you wont loose any parameters or programs..

The 88 and 89 chips are on the master board next to the rs 232 connector. I have never known Fanuc to replace these in the field. They typically swap the master which should be in the $700 range for a lathe. Unfortunatly, on this control, the only way to download params progs. etc. is through this single 232 port. Not my favorite thing to do, but I have replace these chips with the batteries connected thereby saving all the info.

The jog functions will be a little more difficult. this is GE's LED style op panel. A panel test indicates the buttons work but for some reason the control is not seeing them. It may be as simple as a param issue or it could be hardware.

These are very nice people I have worked with them before. Usually It would be when I was in the area and could save them on travel back and forth from Wisconsin. Since this post, I have been scheduled to go down August 17. However, if a competent tech could hook them up sooner for equal or less money thats fine. I just wouldn't want someone to do more damage or make a career out of this machine.

Go Rebels

Quote Originally Posted by PMT View Post
    The 88 and 89 chips are on the master board next to the rs 232 connector. I have never known Fanuc to replace these in the field. They typically swap the master which should be in the $700 range for a lathe. Unfortunatly, on this control, the only way to download params progs. etc.
    you can ask them to swap the chips out.. they do it iv seen it... but the problems is that its not always successful which is why they put in a new memory or main boards.. i would call them up and ask..