586,115 active members*
3,397 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > CNC (Mill / Lathe) Control Software (NC) > Need detailed information for system variables on Fanuc0m control?

Need detailed information for system variables on Fanuc0m control?

Specifically looking for detailed information on variables #1000-#1015, #1032, #1100-#1115, #1132 and #1133. These will correspond to DGNOS No's. 110,111, 162, 163, 196, 197, 198 and 199. This information will be found in the "Fanuc Connection Manual (Function) B-61393E-2.

Thanks

I think those are signals for passing information between the PMC and Custom Macros. The function of these was determined by the person who did the programs for these sections of the machine. If you have printouts of these you should be able to work out the logic.

Jerry

Jerry,

Your correct, that is what they are used for. I'm looking for a variable that will tell me if the machine has been homed and/or if an overtravel condition has been entered. I use a homing macro to automatically home the machine each morning and then return to the part change position. The macro also looks for overtravel conditions if the operator enters a postion that is outside the limits and, if within 1" of the limits, resets to a minimum of 1" from the limits. I have ordered the manual from GE/Fanuc and it should arrive tomorrow or early next week. If you need any of this information please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for the reply.

Steve

I don't think there is one that is predefined for that purpose. There are flags that indicate for each axis when it has finished the homing process. They turn off as soon as the axis leaves the home position. The PMC can keep track of these and set a flag when all axes have been homed. I have put that into some PMC's to force the operator to home the machine after power-up or estop.

Jerry

That may be the case. On the old Fanuc6m controls, when the machine overtraveled (entered an alarm state), the common variables were cleared. This is how I determine if the machine needs homing, but on the 0m controls parameter 040 (bit 6 & 7) only allows for clearing these variables if the reset button is pushed. This is useless since the operator is constantly using the reset button. If there is a parameter for clearing these variables when the control enters an alarm state I am not aware of it. Sounds like you're using a macro very similiar to mine.

Steve