586,075 active members*
3,937 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy someone knows this machine?

Hi everybody,
    I am from Belgium and I recently buyed and received this laser engraver :

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:X:RTQ:DE:1123

The explanations tells that it can import .dxf format.
    With the software delivered (NewlySeal 12) I can only engrave dot by dot and
    I cannot cut VECTORS. The seller is a liar, and making seals don't interest me!

that the reason why I want to try Linkmotion at http://www.solustan.com/
    but I have to furnish a max of information about this machine.

The only things I know is:
    - it comes from China
    - drived by LPT port
    - drived by Newlyseal as "rabbit40"
    - I have made pictures of this machine

Can somebody help me in my quest ?

PS: see the job I have made with an other machine and an other laser

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPf1kwrlalI"]YouTube - laser ir cutting many things[/ame]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00095.JPG   DSC00096.JPG   DSC00097.JPG   DSC00098.JPG  

Going off the photos of the circuit boards, this machine looks to be almost exactly the same as mine:

http://www.andyslater.com/laser-cutting/

I managed to destroy the controller board on mine so I replaced it with controllers from RoutOutCNC and Mach 3 software. Details at the site above.

As a result of doing this, I have a spare copy of NewlyDRAW, with soft dog, that I don't need (and which might be of interest to you).

very very good work !

Yes, I agree he is either a liar or misinformed.

The listing says 50W, there is no way it outputs close to that - probably between 35 and 40W is realistic.

Anyway, the problem is you have NewlySeal and require NewlyDraw.

Perhaps you could do a deal with LuAn for the software. I don't know if your USB dongle will work with it or not, but if you PM me with your e-mail I can send you the installation files for NewlyDraw.

It will allow you to do all you need, cut vectors and engrave.

The other option would be to replace the controller card with standard step/direction drivers and use Mach3, EMC or similar.

Zax.

I checked that webiste, it is a stamp making machine, very cheap! Use newly draw or moshi software, LPT port! The speed is very low, not good for engraving! You had better choose laser engraving machines!
    Alice
    [email protected]
    www.sukelaser.com

The power is about 30w-40w, will not reach 50w. we should be sincerely when we do business with others,can not be a liar!

Quote Originally Posted by zax15uk View Post
    Perhaps you could do a deal with LuAn for the software. I don't know if your USB dongle will work with it or not, but if you PM me with your e-mail I can send you the installation files for NewlyDraw.
    Did this get sorted out? Did the NewlyDraw software work with the NewlySeal dongle?

unfortunately, the dongle of Newlyseal don't works whith Newlydraw.
    I have asked the seller about .dxf import (for Vector cutting) and normally, he will send me Newlydraw.

For VECTOR cutting, what kind of software can I use who should be compatible with the parallel input of my laser engraving machine ?

I work with CorelDraw for my cnc mill but I don't know how to send instructions to the parallel port for the engraver. (maybe it's not possible !)

thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by etienne delcuve View Post
    For VECTOR cutting, what kind of software can I use who should be compatible with the parallel input of my laser engraving machine ?
    Some laser machines work as if they were a printer or plotter so you just need an appropriate printer driver. However I've never heard of anybody doing that with one of these machines so I doubt that it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by etienne delcuve View Post
    normally, he will send me Newlydraw.
    So is he going to send it?

If not, send me your postal address (you already have my email address) and I'll work out a cost for sending you the one I have spare.

Etienne,

You would create the designs in Corel, as you do for your mill and then import into NewlyDraw as dxf.

NewlyDraw will then output to the laser.

You do not need any intermediate steps to create gcode etc, although you do sometimes need to consider the kerf and adjust accordingly.

Zax.

Exclamation About software

Quote Originally Posted by LuAn View Post
    Going off the photos of the circuit boards, this machine looks to be almost exactly the same as mine:

http://www.andyslater.com/laser-cutting/

I managed to destroy the controller board on mine so I replaced it with controllers from RoutOutCNC and Mach 3 software. Details at the site above.

As a result of doing this, I have a spare copy of NewlyDRAW, with soft dog, that I don't need (and which might be of interest to you).
    Hi ...Do you still get that spare of newlydraw? cos i'm looking for one.

InkScape

I have seen a program called INKSCAPE used to run one of these Laser cutters maybe this will be helpful to you guys its a free to download program too. Regards Richard

Inkscape is an open source design program and will not 'run' these low cost desktop lasers. What you have likely seen is a plug in that can drive a laser or more likely the laser had a print driver.

Zax.