586,116 active members*
3,457 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 11 of 12 9101112
    Work is slow so I decided to get started on my X Y Z motor guard project I started 10 months ago. 2 down and one to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Y cover 1.jpg   Y cover 2.jpg   Y cover 3.jpg   shroud 7.jpg  

Magna Joe

I'v got a few questions i'd like to ask you would you mind if i phoned you and talked for about ten min?? Is the air scribe a CP?
    [email protected]
    Sure FIRE CNC

Quote Originally Posted by krams976 View Post
    I'v got a few questions i'd like to ask you would you mind if i phoned you and talked for about ten min?? Is the air scribe a CP?
    [email protected]
    Sure FIRE CNC

Krams 976

Just ask your questions here on the forum. There are many knowledgeable Dynatorch owners who can answer them.

Yes the air scribe is a CP model. You asked some earlier questions about the pin outs on the wiring harness for a Dynatorch control box. Did you ever figure it out? Did you get your used Dynatorch up and running? If so please post some pictures.

Magma-joe

IR pnumatics

Does any one know the models of the IR air cylinders that are used? I'd also like to know if you wouldn't mind sharing where you bought the new geared rails and gear spurs. As for your question i've been buisy and now have the time to start finishing this machine. once it is ready i'll gladly post some pics.

info. info. info. more input

(wedge)

Linear rails

any one know a good place to buy linear rails with blocks like the ones joe pictured?

Krams976,

I purchased all my parts including gear rack, and linear slides from Dynatorch. They were already cut the right length and the prices were very reasonable. I bought some spur gear stock from Grob and machined the 3 pinion gears.

I have not heard of anyone using the IR scribe so I could'nt help you there. Here are some links that might help you.

http://www.dynatorch.com/

Superior Bearing Company

Steel Spur Gear - Grob, Inc.

http://www.qtcgears.com/

Spur Gears, Helical Gears, Miter Gears, Worm Gears, Worms, Anti-backlash Gears, Anti-backlash Worms and Bevel Gears from SDP/SI

Magma-joe

Finished the y axis motor guard today. I'm thinking the only modification left is to revise the water table design. I'd like to be able to rapidly change the water level to suit different cutting conditions.

Right now I have 2 drains but no way to change water level without draining the water.

Magma-joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guard finish 1.jpg   guard finish 4.jpg   guard finish 5.jpg   guard finish 6.jpg  

guard finish 7.jpg  

WOW, looks like you had some "quite" time on the belt grinder today. That is some great handmade fab work.

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

The scribe I know it is a C.P. it was the pnumatics (air) cylinders that push the engraver down that I was interested in.
    Thanks for the links. Magma-Joe
    Mark

The scribe I know it is a C.P. it was the pnumatics (air) cylinders that push the engraver down that I was interested in.
    Thanks for the links. Magma-Joe
    Mark

Here is another link

McMaster-Carr

Magma-joe

Quote Originally Posted by WSS View Post
    WOW, looks like you had some "quite" time on the belt grinder today. That is some great handmade fab work.

WSS

WSS,

Thanks, I really enjoy working with aluminum.

Are you still planning to build a water table for your machine?

Magma-joe

Magma-joe, I do intend to complete it. I have the sheets bent and ready to weld. I have managed to keep them dry so welding them should be an easy task. Once that is done, what is left is drilling some holes to secure the tray to the frame and figure the best way to seal them, I am leaning toward globs of silicone but may try a oring seal.

I have a oxy control panel just about done and will have that up very soon. It will make thick plate piercing very quick. millman52 has had his up for a while and is getting some super results. It is a system that swithes regulators at pierce time to drop the pressure from a heavy preheat to a low cut pressure as well as ease on the initial pierce from zero psi up to cut psi over a variable amount of time. I have tested and can repeat a .5sec to 3sec raise time. I am looking forward to getting it up and running.

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

Magma-joe, I do intend to complete it. I have the sheets bent and ready to weld. I have managed to keep them dry so welding them should be an easy task. Once that is done, what is left is drilling some holes to secure the tray to the frame and figure the best way to seal them, I am leaning toward globs of silicone but may try a oring seal.

I have a oxy control panel just about done and will have that up very soon. It will make thick plate piercing very quick. millman52 has had his up for a while and is getting some super results. It is a system that swithes regulators at pierce time to drop the pressure from a heavy preheat to a low cut pressure as well as ease on the initial pierce from zero psi up to cut psi over a variable amount of time. I have tested and can repeat a .5sec to 3sec raise time. I am looking forward to getting it up and running.

WSS
    WSS,

The water tray will be a nice addition to your table. Post some pics if you get a chance.

Does your gas system automatically switich between regulators through the We-cim software? What is the thickest material you can oxy cut?

Magma-joe

Quote Originally Posted by magma-joe View Post
    WSS,

The water tray will be a nice addition to your table. Post some pics if you get a chance.

Does your gas system automatically switich between regulators through the We-cim software? What is the thickest material you can oxy cut?

Magma-joe

Magma-joe,

I will post some pics when I get it laid out. Last week I cut some 5" material, which seems to be about the thickest, it is not a solid piece but hs a 5" section I have to get through. The thickest plate I have had on the table is 2.5". I have cut some 5' bevels on 2.5" plate in the past, quite a show. Awayter table would be very beneficial for beveling because of the angle the hot stuff is being thrown, it tends to hit the wallswhen doing a 50 degree bevel.

The gas system is run entirely off of one signal. The same signal that turns on the cut oxy. When it the circuit is closed it sends 110v to a relay that controls the rest of the solenoids to either open, shut or divert pressure to the respective regulator. There are seven regulators involved, two are just for cutting with a hand torch, four are used in the preheat circuit and one is used for the cut oxy, this one is a dome loaded type for remote adjusting of the pressure, I put a flow control/needle valve in between the remote to ramp up the pressure as well.

Fingers crossed!
    WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

As far as you wiring to the air actuators from the Dynatorch console. How was that wired and what voltage are your air actuators? If you don't mind. On another note the guys at Dynatorch and Leon especially are great with helping solve problems and all diagnostics with these systems. Thanks Dynatorch

As far as you wiring to the air actuators from the Dynatorch console. How was that wired and what voltage are your air actuators? If you don't mind. On another note the guys at Dynatorch and Leon especially are great with helping solve problems and all diagnostics with these systems. Thanks Dynatorch
    Krams976,

The solenoids are controlled with the 2 oxy fuel outputs on the back of your Dynatorch interface box. The solenoids are 120 volt. The scribe and air cylinders are controlled with M codes for the oxy outputs.

Magma-joe

The Dynatorch forum has been pretty quiet lately. I thought I would post some more table updates to give it a boost.

With the economy doing poorly and the fork lift being sold last month I have been unable to load any heavy sheets on the table. The new material loader is manual. Its called fork lift down sizing. My neighbor has a little Kabota tractor just big enough to set the I beam.

The plan is to use a harbor freight 1300lb hoist and their powered trolley. The tracks are 36' long and will allow the gantry to roll from outside to past the table and out of the way when not in use. Tomorrow comes paint and hoist install.

Magma-joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails crane 1.jpg   Crane 2.jpg   Crane 3.jpg   Crane 4.jpg  

Crane 5.jpg  

Magma-joe,
    looks like you moved or added a side building for your machine. Is that a concrete footing under the floor rails? At some point I need to do something like yours. I have to swing my lift sideways in a small spot to get plate on the table, it would be nice to set it next to the machine and and lift and role like your doing.

I am working on my wayter table this weekend. It should be ready to set in soon. The tank is done and plumbed and set in place, the tray is bottom welded and now flipped and ready to attack the inside. It was a big task to get it rolled over! I will post some progress/update pics to my build thread next week . It is a 400 gallon tray and a 350 gallon tank. I tried to get even numbers but not enough room under the table. I am hoping it is OK and I should not be cutting with it dry anyway. I went with 3.5" under the slats, so oxy would destroy it if it was dry.

The economy seems to be really stagnate all over. We had a good (well better than 09) 2010, but 11 has not had any exciting news yet. A rule of thumb we learned with the cutting so far: If you are busy, you are not charging enough and probably losing money. LOL

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

Hi Guys

It has been awhile since posting anything myself, Magma-Joe i sure like the concept of what you made and will keep that in mind should the need to cut thicker material come along... i dont have a fork lift and i doubt one would work with my low ceiling anyways.. its been 3.5 long miserable months in Mexico this tour and im heading home on the 16th June for at least a month off in my decompression chamber... a lady called the other day for a 4' x 4' sign so if i get that job i'll post some pictures... one thing i have been playing around with is alum boat designs and would like to build my own some day using the DT to cut all the parts, to start i would have to index the longer peices through but am curious if the table could be stretched to 30' ?? i'll have to give DT a call some day and see whats all involved and if its even possible.

Take care
    EDD

Magma-joe,
    looks like you moved or added a side building for your machine. Is that a concrete footing under the floor rails? At some point I need to do something like yours. I have to swing my lift sideways in a small spot to get plate on the table, it would be nice to set it next to the machine and and lift and role like your doing.

I am working on my wayter table this weekend. It should be ready to set in soon. The tank is done and plumbed and set in place, the tray is bottom welded and now flipped and ready to attack the inside. It was a big task to get it rolled over! I will post some progress/update pics to my build thread next week . It is a 400 gallon tray and a 350 gallon tank. I tried to get even numbers but not enough room under the table. I am hoping it is OK and I should not be cutting with it dry anyway. I went with 3.5" under the slats, so oxy would destroy it if it was dry.

The economy seems to be really stagnate all over. We had a good (well better than 09) 2010, but 11 has not had any exciting news yet. A rule of thumb we learned with the cutting so far: If you are busy, you are not charging enough and probably losing money. LOL

WSS
    WSS, Yes, those are small footings to support the V track for the hoist. I finally finished the install yesterday. The hoist works better than I expected.

I am anxious to see your water table pics. I like your idea of the bladder tank to change the water level to what ever you want. My table does not have a bladder so the water level is fixed. I did come up with a simple table modification I use when I want to increase the distance from the material to the water level. I will post some pics in a few days.

Magma-joe

Page 11 of 12 9101112