586,068 active members*
3,978 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > I need a Kit that includes controller, motors and powersupply.

I need a Kit that includes controller, motors and powersupply.

Hello,
    I really need some help with my CNC. I bought a German CNC and have never been able to get it working. Diffrent size motors and voltage. It is over my head. I hired someone who was supose to be professional but after I have spent $1,000 in labor and parts I still have nothing to show for it.

I have a license of Mach3 that I wish to use with my PC and am now looking to change the controller board, power supply and step motors. I'd like to get everything from one place and maybe even a kit so I know all the components will work together and setup will be documented.

Can anyone point me to a one stop shop for getting a kit or all the components I will need. From a vendor who is helpful too.

Thanks

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I have complete kits of Controllers, Cables and Motors.

Plug and play compatible with Mach3 or SuperCamXp and the USB CamPod.

Dennis
    www.super-tech.com

I guess I should also mention that this is for a 3 axes x,y,z machine.

I second what Gerry said

Buy a Gecko-based solution from www.candcnc.com - Tom has VERY good support for all of his products on his yahoo group and he participates here also.

-James
    James Leonard - www.DragonCNC.com - www.LeonardCNCSoftware.com - www.CorelDRAWCadCam.com - www.LeonardMusicalInstruments.com

been using xylotex 3 years--very happy
    In the words of the Toolman--If you didn't make it yourself, it's not really yours!
    Remember- done beats perfect every time!!

can you try www.probotix.com . i buy exelent kits - completed kit included motors - electronics and all other things threre , speak with cris there .

Wow the PROBOTIX looks nice! And I like the tutorial they have doing the installation step by step.

I wish you had found my request for help sooner I would have purchased this one for sure.... I did find and purchase a complete kit from Stepperworld. The kit seems very nice. It came with everything I was looking for. I am in the process of installing the kit now but the instructions are not nearly as clear. I was about to write the company to see if they had any better instructions on how the components are put together. I wish I had a tutorial like PROBOTIX. Thank you for your reply. Should I every find myself needing another machine I will be contacting probotix first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetleg-Jazzman View Post
    Hello,
    I really need some help with my CNC. I bought a German CNC and have never been able to get it working. Diffrent size motors and voltage. It is over my head. I hired someone who was supose to be professional but after I have spent $1,000 in labor and parts I still have nothing to show for it.

I have a license of Mach3 that I wish to use with my PC and am now looking to change the controller board, power supply and step motors. I'd like to get everything from one place and maybe even a kit so I know all the components will work together and setup will be documented.

Can anyone point me to a one stop shop for getting a kit or all the components I will need. From a vendor who is helpful too.

Thanks

If you do not use the right cobination, you are going to have problem
    What is the size of your CNC?
    http://www.kelinginc.net/CNCNEMA23G540Package.html

free dxf files

hello , can help me somebody with free dxf files for cnc routers . my be somebody will to share his own projects or know where i can download .

Quote Originally Posted by Kelinginc View Post
    If you do not use the right cobination, you are going to have problem
    What is the size of your CNC?
    getting the right combination is why i purchased a kit.... components that are proven to work together. I had already looked at the site you are speaking of but it may as well have been written in Greek. The site is not very helpful and just aims at a target audience that is already professional CNC operators and not someone just starting out. The working area of my machine is 16" x 24". My application will be wood for solid body electric guitars.

more torque

Quote Originally Posted by Jetleg-Jazzman View Post
    getting the right combination is why i purchased a kit.... components that are proven to work together. I had already looked at the site you are speaking of but it may as well have been written in Greek. The site is not very helpful and just aims at a target audience that is already professional CNC operators and not someone just starting out. The working area of my machine is 16" x 24". My application will be wood for solid body electric guitars.
    if you are not satisfied with www.probotix.com (mit includes everythin what you need but max torq power motor is 2 ,5 nm - 400 ozn . for your job this is eniught and will not cost a lot . but if you wont something bigger and stronger (i always prefer that) GO TO WWW.MOTIONCONTROLPRODUCTS.CO.UK . there you find stronger types of steper motors also as a kits . the site whot you mentioned abowe i do know nothing , mybe you make mistake and replay on my adress but actualy you wont to send post to somebody else . i hope my answer help you .:wave:

Jetleg-Jazzman,

Before you start tossing away more cash why not post some pictures and model numbers of the stepper motors and electronics you now have.

There are a lot of talented people here.

They may be able to get you through the dilemma with out spending a lot more money.

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.