586,401 active members*
2,913 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    Quote Originally Posted by gridley51 View Post
    If you can`t quote an overseas price,why bother telling us about it? No point in looking at something that`s not for sale.

Mark.
    If any customer wants to check price, instruction manual, or any further info, pls kindly contact us via email on the website, we shall be glad to quote you directly or guide you to local distributor if we have agent at your side.

We surely have to be cautious with oversea end-user customer,and we can only sell to them after making sure they can do installation, and handle technical pro with our internet assistance. Just for simple reason, the international return cost is too high. That's why we prefer to work with cutter manufacturer, or professional re-sellers, and export the items only after trial sale for one year on homemarket, or installed over 500 pcs.

So, if you want to check price, or manual, pls kindly take half a minute to send us an email, we shall appreciate that very much.

Tks
    larry
    Fiber laser cutting machine
    http://qlaser.en.alibaba.com/

Hi,
    The Burny 2.8 is still supported by Burny, and there are lots of units around for spares.
    I think the Esprit Lightning is the sheet metal machine thast used the rubber belts for the rail drive?
    We have 2 in the states, and if you wanted to put a THC on it you would need a stand alone unit.
    The roller head uses an air cylider to go up or down.
    You need a complete lifter.
    The 2.5/8 uses a TI 16 bit microprocessor and it is a Pre PC type.
    There will be no adding an integrated thc to this.
    Your best bet would be to look for a used Innerlogic 100-400 series THC.
    This will conect to the 2.8 and Max-100 easily.
    Give my buddy Bill a shout...
    [email protected]
    http://www.plasmatech.co.uk/

He is the UK distributor for Innerlogic and would most likely know who has any surplus units.

The Hypertherm Command is also a stand alone unit although a little harder to interface and pricier to repair.

Lots of these units are taken off, as machine owners upgrade to the Newer CNC with integrated Thc's

As for when the 2.8 dies..going Mach 3 and Gecko steppers would be a giant leap backwards.
    You have an industrial quality, closed loop srevo drive that is easy to run and the CNC keeps direct track of where the torch is.
    The stepper route is light duty and as far as I know open loop drives. This means the CNC tells the drives where to go and hopes the torch makes it there.

But it is less money, and you always get what you pay for.

Good Luck finding a THC
    Alan Bradford
    www.plasmatechnologies.com

Alan,

Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't thinking of changing to steppers, Gecko also do servo drives- the encoder feeds back to the drive, so the drive makes sure the machine is doing what Mach tells it. I believe this is closed loop, although I take your point that the machine control itself doesn't know where the machine is.

The main reason I was thinking of going down the Mach route is partly that I can replace everything up to the motors for far less than any standalone THC will cost, and it will be faster and more user-friendly. The MP3000 even has the THC settings and arc volts readout integrated within the control screen, so there are no knobs or buttons, you just select the material and it does the rest. I've been doing some nested sheets of alphabetical letters in the past couple of weeks, and the Burny takes SO long to load and process the files. I can make and drink a cup of tea and go back to find the kerf offset progress is up to 67%... (But I think I might be able to do the kerf offset in the CAM software, I've just not got round to looking yet.)

However, I have to admit I am a bit reluctant to junk the burny, since it is an universally-recognised control that I think makes the machine more 'industrial', particularly if I wanted to sell or trade it in at some point.

I did find a dealer a while back who had a Kaliburn Innova in stock second-hand, but it was still £3750 (they're £7k new..) I might give Bill a call however.

Thanks again

Hi,
    As I have said I do not know much about Mach3 or its capabilities.
    And yes the Burny 2.5 is slower than death downloading.
    You can speed up the kerfing by doing it off line in your post processor though.

I will keep my ear open if I hear about an Innerlogic availale cheap.
    The Inova is the new one, but if you can find an old RSVP 100 to 300 series, they are still good units and should not be so pricey.
    My guess would be $1,000 or less (US$)

Good Luck,
    Alan Bradford
    www.plasmatechnologies.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bradford View Post
    Hi,
    As I have said I do not know much about Mach3 or its capabilities.
    And yes the Burny 2.5 is slower than death downloading.
    You can speed up the kerfing by doing it off line in your post processor though.

I will keep my ear open if I hear about an Innerlogic availale cheap.
    The Inova is the new one, but if you can find an old RSVP 100 to 300 series, they are still good units and should not be so pricey.
    My guess would be $1,000 or less (US$)

Good Luck,
    I've just realised that it was your buddy Bill who quoted me on that Kaliburn previously. I'll see if he's got anything else.

further to my previous posts, I've recently tried hypertherm's finecut consumables on my powermax 800, and the cut quality is now a vast improvement over my old max100, on thinner sheet at least.

I'm still using the plate rider, and still keeping my eyes peeled for a reasonable (used?) THC solution.

One problem I'm currently having is that the Burny has such a limited memory I'm having to split nests up into sections to avoid filling up the eproms. (it also takes so long to download and calculate kerfs etc, but these are an inconvenience rather than a serious obstacle)

Is it possible to add more memory to a Burny 2.5/2.8, without shelling out for a 2.5plus? If higher capacity chips were used to replace the current eproms, would the processor be able to address the extra space?

Quote Originally Posted by steve_p View Post
    further to my previous posts, I've recently tried hypertherm's finecut consumables on my powermax 800, and the cut quality is now a vast improvement over my old max100, on thinner sheet at least.

I'm still using the plate rider, and still keeping my eyes peeled for a reasonable (used?) THC solution.

One problem I'm currently having is that the Burny has such a limited memory I'm having to split nests up into sections to avoid filling up the eproms. (it also takes so long to download and calculate kerfs etc, but these are an inconvenience rather than a serious obstacle)

Is it possible to add more memory to a Burny 2.5/2.8, without shelling out for a 2.5plus? If higher capacity chips were used to replace the current eproms, would the processor be able to address the extra space?
    maybe u can consider a capacitive THC, it's just around 300 USD, but you need to be careful with Edge effect and Dross effect on plasma cutting, it could cause torch diving. As capacitive THC is for flame cutting which is much slower than plasma cutting.

When the cutting comes to the Edge of workpiece, you need to use a steel plate ( useless material) to connect with edge, to avoid Edge effect.
    As to Dross effect, you just add Auto Mode after cutting started, it can avoid it effectively.

Anyway, after collecting some experience of operation, capactive is a good choice if you dont want to spend too much money on THC.

also a simplified stand alone avthc might be an option?
    it works well with powermax series, support DC/Stepper motor lifter.
    Auto IHS, control accuracy around 5v.
    just 368 USD for THC and voltage divider.

But we've never sold it to UK or US before.

burny

Hi Steve,
    I might have a burny 2.5 plus kicking around, could swap for beer tokens. ( bout £1k ish)

cheers

Mike
    techserv

you must get through a lot of beer.. :cheers:

how much more memory does the Plus have than my one? Is there a big difference otherwise?

burny 2.5 plus

Hi Steve,

The big difference is a new main board with a new cpu, Burny claimed a 300% increase in speed. Basically the same software ported over to the new processor, the kerf calculation speed is much faster and now is acceptable. 512k memory, not too sure what your current Burny will have, I think it is displayed on boot up.

Upgrading your machine would not be too bad you would have to note down all the SD settings and re input them on the new one, not forgetting the higher settings SD62 etc.

cheers

mike

MP3000-THC

Quote Originally Posted by adirek_s View Post
    MP3000-THC
    Disregard this. My well meaning friend refers to the MP3000-DTHC and it would mean an extensive modification of the controls. You also would need to upgrade to a PC based Controller (MACH3). The motors and motor drivers may need to be replaced to use a standard Step & Dir signal from the PC controller. In fact it would probably be less expensive to just replace the entire electronics with a modern controller.

TOM caudle
    www.CandCNC.com

Page 3 of 3 123