586,489 active members*
2,113 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 30 of 32 202829303132
    Hello Binary,
    thank you for reply. the software I'm using is Type3 and chosen machine is Quick CNC Router, of course my machine is also Quick CNC. movement of machine from the file created by Type3 is perfect without any problem, only problem is choose, release and run spindles via file. I received codes of M40,M41,M42 and M43 from machine factory for choosing and running spindles but problem is this command not working and not doing any thing. I'm professional in computer programming, but of course absolutely new in G-code. so if it possible, pls let me have simple program just for choosing spindles and turn on and off without any movement, maybe I can find out what's wrong with my program file.
    Thank in advance.

here is picture of my machine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails K45MT-S.jpg  

simple file for quick cnc

Hello Allmaker, I have sent you a *.txt file which cuts a circle approx 100mm in steps of 0.15mm with a rapid plane 5mm to a depth of 2mm you can use without tool in chuck. please set zero plan high say 100mm so it doesn't hit your bed.
    this txt file would work on my quick machine.
    I have not used type3 for a long while this txt file has been done on other software just place it on a USB stick, plug the USB stick in the 0505 handset and locate the "hello file" this should run your 3 axis
    Attached Files Attached Files

quick cnc 4th axis

Hello again allmaker, please view youtube link

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvXkL3YB6VU]Mach3 setup for 4 axis CNC Hot Wire Foam Cutter - YouTube[/ame]

My suggestion would be to down load the freeware Mach3 the youtube should help you decide once downloaded i would use the mach 3 to interogate a type3 file you can set the file as a 3 axis first then work on the 4th axis, the mach3 will also do your 4th axis
    I have used the mach3 to check my files in the past.

Hi Binary, thanks for sample file. file is ok and I know it's working good in my machine. but as I told you before my problem is not about axes movement. I can control my machine and doing anything I want by direct G-code programing and via type3 software. my problem is other thing. if you check my machines picture again. there is 2 spindles in horizontal and vertical position that could fall and rise by pneumatic system when we choose any of them. at the moment this process done by myself via DSP-0505 Manually and also I turning on each spindle Manually also. but I have to choose and active spindles and turning on/off by M command inside the .txt or .nc files. this matter not possible and my machine not reacted to this command, just start movement as per program command. hope explained good.
    any Idea?

quick cnc

Hi, I think you are having problems with the area on page 254 in the instruction manual this is the "setup machine" you will see XYZQ axis (4th axis)
    please check and confirm if you haven't got the manual send me your email and i will forward it as a *.pdf file its about 4M to large to include in the uploads

Dear Binary,

I will appreciate if you send me this manual. my email is [email protected] or [email protected]
    thanks.

maybe you are only one...

TRIED TO BUY FROM TANEY. I guess I asked too many questions, because he stopped replying.

I used a different email account and got a reply IMMEDIATELY. What a shock.....

I guess a fast buck is better than a buck well earned.'

Same deal with Omni....

Buy what they have, hope for the best, and don't ask questions or for support.....

why would they waste time to send you 5 -20 emails?

there are so many other people out there.

your local cnc company needs you; otherwise they can not survive.
    they give you the additional service; that is why you pay them more!

i think, worth to pay them.

Also you should consider how they help you to set it up, on going support by questions............

i do not regret to have a locally cnc machine. i have not had long down times; from 10 minutes - maximum 1 day (at next morning spare part, spare part & technician, or technician arrived)

Hi Guys

Hope you are all doing well with your CNC Routers.

Have not posted here for a long, long time.

Our 1500 x 3000 Routers are still going well after many hours of use. We are still stoked with them. Our first machine - the Excitech arrived at Christmas 2007 so i think we can vouch for their reliability by now!

Any problems we have had are mostly lubrication - or lack of it! Still having problems getting the machine operators to lube them regularly. The Prolon PTFE Spray Lube is still the ducks guts for the job.

I am receiving almost daily emails from suppliers in China promoting their machines. Sorry fellas i am not looking to buy another at the moment, but i will hang around the Forum here to keep the eye in so to speak. Need to keep abreast of current developments.

From reading a private message i see Taney is still at Quick CNC. Anybody buying from them?

Oh well... I have some catching up to do on the Forum.

Rocket.

Hi Rocket...

My 6100 is still going strong. I've made a serious pile of MDF dust, cut a lot of plastic, some Alloy plate and even routed some channels in some copper heatsinks which was interesting! We're mainly doing craft profiles for direct sales and for some stores locally.

I retro-fitted the machine with a parallel BOB and changed to Linux-CNC after some glitching issues with the DSP controller.. Probably not the DSP's fault as it got dropped a few times. I could have replaced the DSP but I like the user interface of LinuxCNC and it was a pretty straight-forward process. With the BOB I picked I've wound up running the machine slightly slower on rapids, but cutting speed is the same. I'm thinking one of the hardware pulse gen boards at some stage but we're happy for the moment.

We'll be buying a decent laser later in the year, and I got a quote from Taney for that one, so still buying from him as well.

The after-sales support I got from Taney and another one of the Quick-CNC staff when the DSP glitching problem came up was excellent in the scheme of things, which is why we'll buy the laser from them once we've finished building a shed to get the cars out to the garage so we can fit the laser in beside the 6100. ;-)

Cheers, Chris H.

Hi Rocket,

I have just received my new Quick K6100A from Taney...I have had it set up for about 3 weeks now and as far as I can see everything is working fine.

I did scrap the Type3 software that was supplied as it contained a Trojan (which did not surprise me) and have purchase a copy of Vcarve from vetric. Software (IMHO) is by far the easiest to use. I have run a couple of files and the unit is as expected.

Email response form Taney has been immediate and I can not fault him...

I paid a fifth of the price, for a similar sized machine, to what I would have to pay for the lowest cost locally made machine and the machine components are of relative quality. Linear bearing, vacuum table 2,2KW spindle extra Z height. The machine is simple enough that I can look at fixing it myself (electrical background) if anything goes adrift.

It has to be said that if my business was high precision parts then I would then pay the top dollar for a high precision machine and charge the jobs out appropriately, but I don't.

Now, hears the hard part for me.....getting my head around the technicalities of feed and speed for each material and bit.

I have been doing plenty of reading on SFM, chipload and RPM's. I have reviewed the calculations and the software available, but I have come to the conclusion that it is more of an art form than a science.

A couple questions to Rocket though...

If I set the DSP contoller GCODE to F Read enable, will the file then control the feed and speed rates? or can that only be set by the DSP "ProcSpd" at the start up of the file.

Do I leave the ratios for "ProcSpd" and "Z" to 1.0 if above is true?

Can you spare me your settings for both plastics (Rowmark), Acrylic and 6061 Aluminium if you have them???

I have snapped two bits in aluminium already and would like it to cease...also my plastic signs don't look like they should.

Regards, AussieGecko:cheers:

I have always liked this vid as a good start to feed sppeds

Onsrud.Bit Information - YouTube
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Re: Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases

Hi everyone, I'm Paul from Jinan Quick CNC Router Co., Ltd. I am very glad to see such a thread here.
    Recently, we have developed some new products and hope the old customers here can go on cooperating with us.
    If you have any interests, please feel free to contact me. Below is my information: Website: ?????|???????|???????-????????????, www.quick-cnc.com, Email: [email protected], Skype: quickcnc020.
    Thanks and best regards!

Re: Hi Guys

Dear Rocket,

i have been following your threats since i am very interested in purchasing a cnc router from Jinan Quick CNC Router Co., Ltd. with Taney.

i have chosen the CNC ROUTER K30MT/1218
    (Working area 1200X1800X200mm, Rack and pinion transmission, Helical gear, German ball screw, Taiwan linear rail, Stepper motor, T-slot table, DSP A11 system, Type3 Software, 3Kw Chinese water cooling spindle, 3.7Kw Fuling frequency inverter, Auto tool height sensor, Manual lubrication system,.

the communication with taney was very good and now i should pay them to confirm the order hoping they will send it to me and everything will be ok.

But here is my concern, i must transfer to their account almost 5000 $ in advance and then wait for the machine.
    If i read in internet everybody suggest to use paypal, ebay, etc to have some warranty in case of dispute.

So i wanted to ask you how did you do it? do you think i can trust them?

thank you very much,
    i hope i am not bothering with my questions.

Regards
    Piniaki

Hi Piniaki,

The deposit is always a huge concern but I've never heard of a well known company stealing a deposit.

The machine might have issues but I've never seen an issue with deposits.

You just need some faith and realize that you can still switch companies, pay another deposit and still come in much cheaper than domestic competitors for cnc. That's your worse worse case and its not 100% bad.

You'll be fine.
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Hi gfacer2,
    thanks for the reply,
    my concern is not about the deposit, they actually ask for full payment in advance, and i will receive the machine 2 months later.
    As you say is a matter of faith, therefore i read a lot in this forum to find a reliable supplier, and i think Jinan Quick CNC Router Co.,Ltd has a good reputation here. that is why i chose them.

Oh, in that case I would try and do a deposit with remainder prior to shipping (and after lots of build pictures to ensure you are getting what you paid for). That seems to be standard practice.

I would not pay it all up front. I'd need to have assurances that the build was OK as that is where the Chinese producers can have issues.

Hope it works out.
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

that is a good suggestion..
    i will try that.
    thanks for the advice

[QUOTE=piniaki;1720308]that is a good suggestion..
    i will try that.
    thanks for the advice[/QUOTe
    If your dealing with Taney then you have nothing to worry about, i have 2 machines which were bought 4 years apart, the last one in March this year. When ever i've had any problems or needed spares they've arrived in less than 4 days and emails have been answered promptly. Best business decision i've ever made my first machine has been working for around 6 hours a day for around 4 years with barely a hiccup...go for it !
    cheers
    jon

[QUOTE=jon c;1721254]
    Quote Originally Posted by piniaki View Post
    that is a good suggestion..
    i will try that.
    thanks for the advice[/QUOTe
    If your dealing with Taney then you have nothing to worry about, i have 2 machines which were bought 4 years apart, the last one in March this year. When ever i've had any problems or needed spares they've arrived in less than 4 days and emails have been answered promptly. Best business decision i've ever made my first machine has been working for around 6 hours a day for around 4 years with barely a hiccup...go for it !
    cheers
    jon

Thank you very much.
    i needed a comment like that!

Page 30 of 32 202829303132