I had a piece of some Air Craft super high grade stainless that just fit my need for size, so out of the scrap box it came. I had to drill 8 holes in it to start with and tried the HSS drill, but couldn't get my mill slow enough for it. I then remembered A drill/mill cutter I had and put it in the machine and redid the program for it. Well, It did a few holes and exploded ! Turned out that due to not having a proper holder I had to use a chuck, the chuck came loose from the taper shank and blew it up. Chuck and spindle ok, just re locked em and put it back.
I had to drill these holes and started looking for an idea in my carbide can. I found a 1/4" 2flt cbd em and then looked over to my drill doctor 750x and wondered for a moment.
Well, It turned out that the drill doctor didn't mind a bit as long as I let it do its thing in its own time. I got a fine looking point with a near perfect split relief at point. I did back off on the feed and increased the speed a bit and started drilling the holes. Since it was larger than the previous drill I reran all holes, this thing went through the hard rings, and got all the holes done perfect ! I am going to add this tool to my collection of indespensible, can't be without Drawer !
Now I may just start making my own drill mills instead of buying all of them. I've sharpened numerous drill bits in the Drill Doctor, and must say that it is great for its intended use, that is small shop stuff. I wasn't overly impressed by it as it is slow ! But it does make a good point as long as you don't muscle it. The diamond wheel made short work of the cbd em and seemed to even be faster than when doing hss bits.
Hope this tid bit can be useful to others, as it got the job done for me !