586,108 active members*
3,027 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Rifle sights

Page 1 of 2 12

Rifle sights

Hi all,

I'm looking to have 50 replica sights made for an old muzzleloading rifle model. The sight I want to copy is pictured below.

Preferred materials are iron, soft steel, alumnium or brass. Click to download drawings in pdf and dxf 2000 format. (zipped folder). If you are interested, please send me a quote

PM sent. Thanks. Mike.

Has anyone gotten a response back from this guy? I'd like to know who got this job and for how much. My bid I put in was $10.50 a part and that included the material.

Quote Originally Posted by cncjunky View Post
    Has anyone gotten a response back from this guy?
    No, this guy haven't answered anyone yet, but he will Just give me until tomorrow, I'm a bit busy today.

Thanks for your patience

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Flatnick View Post
    No, this guy haven't answered anyone yet, but he will Just give me until tomorrow, I'm a bit busy today.

Thanks for your patience
    Thats a change, a good one to take the time to look things over, normally from what I see in here lately the bidding ends quite abruptly.

PM sent

Has anyone gotten a response back from this guy? I'd like to know who got this job and for how much. My bid I put in was $10.50 a part and that included the material.
    I think people that post their prices need to rethink what they are doing.
    I think you are contributing to the Chinese prices everyone is bidding. Convince me that someone is not going to look at your price, chop 55 cents off of it and bid. I think you just guaranteed yourself not getting this work. Just something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    I think people that post their prices need to rethink what they are doing.
    I think you are contributing to the Chinese prices everyone is bidding. Convince me that someone is not going to look at your price, chop 55 cents off of it and bid. I think you just guaranteed yourself not getting this work. Just something to think about.
    Yeah I know, I jumped the gun. I thought it was awarded to someone else because I had gotten no reply and did'nt see the thread updated for a day or so. But still even if it was awarded to someone else, what your saying is right. Stabbed myself in the foot.

How can you do it for that much and still eat?

You can't. Either he's hard up or likes not making any money.

Quote Originally Posted by snovak240 View Post
    How can you do it for that much and still eat?
    You have to pick your battles in here, I think I am getting good at it. This part had "Somebody is going to bid this too cheap" written all over it. I didn't even waste any time working up a quote. Even with the latest machinery, tooling and techniques, on a quick guess it's a $25 part, and that won't get you crazy pay.

Yeah hard up that is, my pops is'nt around and he normally pulls the jobs. Now I'm left scraping up whatever I can get. It really is a crummy situation, I don't want to sound like a sob story, but I knew it was going to be hard to get anywhere on my own but I have to try. my buddy has over $10,000 he pays out every month and I don't even know if thats including the 3 or 4 employees he's got pay. I know he was having to pay them just to keep them working for him, thats paying them so they don't go get a job somewhere else not even for really doing much work at times. If anyone has any hand ups I sure could use them, I doubt it though because from what I'm seeing I'm not the only 1 in the boat.

Hi all,

Bidding has now ended for this job, and I have selected a man to do the work.

Thanks for bidding all!

Mind sharing how much you ended up paying per piece?

I thought I gave a extremely low bid with materials included and figured I would probabley get it. I'd like to know where the job went, if he found someone local in norway or went to china?

I thought I gave a extremely low bid with materials included and figured I would probabley get it. I'd like to know where the job went, if he found someone local in norway or went to china?
    Probably $10.49, I can't believe someone beat your price! I am curious how fast you thought you could make them. I guess you could bandsaw away a lot of the material to save time, I have a buddy who does this, I am too lazy myself.

You guys who are trying to make a living off these posts need to quit crying, get off your computer and hit the streets. Some of you guys are spending entirely too much time looking through a couple jobs that you aren't going anywhere. Guys that are taking these jobs are probably doing them more for the work than the money. This forum was supposed to be a friendly place to share knowledge and help one another, not beat each other down.Also asking for winning bid amounts is unprofessional.

I use the bandsaw on low qty pieces, but not 50. Your fingers would be sore.

Quote Originally Posted by brianbee View Post
    You guys who are trying to make a living off these posts need to quit crying, get off your computer and hit the streets. Some of you guys are spending entirely too much time looking through a couple jobs that you aren't going anywhere. Guys that are taking these jobs are probably doing them more for the work than the money. This forum was supposed to be a friendly place to share knowledge and help one another, not beat each other down.Also asking for winning bid amounts is unprofessional.
    You seem to be contradicting yourself.

I here you brianbee. Not only is this a vicious way to make money but I have only gotten 5 jobs in the last 3yrs. And the last 2 didnt pay my when I was done. The dialog was going along fine till the job was finished then when it came time to pay they just stopped talking. Havnt heard from them since. Both jobs have been in the last 3 months and thet were only $200.00 and $60.00 respectively. Now the bidding has gotten so low
    on CNC zone and RFQ that it seems a waste of time now.

Page 1 of 2 12