586,096 active members*
3,588 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Fagor 8025T dripfeed problem

Hello,
    I'm having problems figuring out the proceedure to drip feed to my 8025T using the DNC option. I am able to send programs back and forth between my laptop and CNC using various terminal pgms (PCWIN, Hyperterminal, etc.) with no problems. So I'm sure that my cabling and protocal are correct.
    I have WinDnc set up at 1200,7,e,2 (same as PCWIN and CNC) However I always get "TRANSMISSION ERROR". when I press send in WinDnc
    I'm not sure how to set up the CNC to recieve dripfeed: other than Op Mode 7 -6 (DNC ON) Then what?. Do I start the transmission from Windnc at this point or do I go to Op Mode 0 and start the transmission. (tried both with no luck)
    The Auto screen has DNC flashing at the top of the screen and below that is N* If I push start at this point I get "error 014".
    Maybe my whole though process is wrong. (wouldn"t be the first time.) any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry

According to this:

http://www.connectcnc-dnc.com/Settin...r%208025t.html

dripfeed is unavailable on 8025t. Maybe "fagortodd" will jump in on this one.

Thanks for the quick reply Scrapswot, I hope that is not the case. I'll hold on for further info.

Jerry

I know for a fact you can dripfeed with the 8050's and 8055's was surprised to see that for the 8025, I hope it's not the case for your sake. Good luck!

Hi Jerry,

Dripfeeding is done via the Infinite Length Execution mode on most DNC versions. You do not have to touch the CNC.... just select the program and starting block and the mode you are executing in. (0 = automatic mode typically)

If you do not have the correct DNC (Which might be an older version), call the Fagor Service Department and request for them to send you a copy via email. (All DNC software from Fagor is free of charge) You can reach the service department at 800-423-2467 Most anybody can help you.

I have used the feature countless times, it always works and considering you are able to upload/download programs, we know the communication channel is operational, so you should be good to go....

Sincerely,
    Todd

Hi Todd:
    Thanks for the info, I will give it another try I'll let you know through this thread how it turns out.
    PS. any comment on the 8025T not being capable of dripfeed.

Jerry

Talking

OK, I got dripfeed to work, The answer to the problem was two fold.
    The protocal and end of transmission code.

The protocal for DNC is not the same as the protocal for other file transfer programs. WinDnc must have (baud,8,N,1) . Other programs can use (baud,7,E,2). But also N,8,1
    End of file character must be a (NUL) Not an (ESC). Other programs can use an (ESC). but not WinDnc.

All is well, Thanks to everyone for the help.

Jerry

P.S. SCRAPWOTSCRAP, The info on that WEB site might be only for their program, because the 8025T does indeed DNC using WinDnc.

Glad you got it goin, would have to agree about that software, was hard for me to believe no dripfeed option, knew Todd would come thru, I'm more familiar with 8050/55.

Hi, do you solve the problem? You need to work with the machine via DNC?

KCHO: yes I got it runnubg, thank you for the reply.

Jerry

i have fagor VPE 202 combi oven and the touch screen is not working can you tell wat is the problem

Hello,
    I'm having problems with fagor VPE 202 combi oven's touch screen is not working i cant set any operation can you tell me what is the problem ?