586,521 active members*
3,545 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > new with edgecam

new with edgecam

hello everyone
    new with edgecam, can someone explain how to put the part on the right of the chuck and machin(turn) the profile
    (everyone has to start oneday!)
    thanks a lot

sorry for the mistakes i'm french!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by fabconv View Post
    hello everyone
    new with edgecam, can someone explain how to put the part on the right of the chuck and machin(turn) the profile
    (everyone has to start oneday!)
    thanks a lot

sorry for the mistakes i'm french!
    Hi
    I use Spindle Docking command in Mill/Turn environment. It will ask about Docking clearance - it's the z position for right spindle to go in rapid.
    You must have same synchronised commands for Upper and Lower .
    Best regards!

When you start a new machining sequence you have 4 tabs, General, Job Data, Lathe Setup, and Chuck Setup.

On the Lathe Setup tab there is a section called 'Main Spindle'. Here there is a field that asks for 'Part Stick Out'. Tell Edgecam how far your part is sticking out of the main spindle here, such as 39.

If you forget to specify this amount, or would like to change it, you can go to M-Functions > Lathe Setup. On the General Tab here you can enter a value for Part Stick Out.

To machine the profile, try using Operations > Turning. (If for some reason you do not see this go to View > Toolbars > Profiles > Mill/Turn Profile > default.config. This loads a toolbar and menu configuration file.)

This Turning Operation asks you to select your profile, (click the profile), to Select the New Start Point for Active Profile, (right-click if you are finished or do not want to change the start point), to Digitise Cycle Start Point, (click a location where you want your tool to rapid to before feeding, or type it in by typing X25Z5), then to Digitise Toolpath or Continuous to form Billet, (click your billet stock or just right-click past this). Fill in your values for speeds and feeds and cutting tool, as well as if you are turning or facing the part.

This should get you some toolpath to work with.

Your best option would be to contact your local Edgecam reseller for support, I know there are a handful in France.

Regards,
    Jeremiah

thanks a lot
    i'll try