586,116 active members*
3,288 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > bought v 23 today

bought v 23 today

finally took the plunge and purchased v 23 today with training videos hope i wont be disapointed.i look forward to talking with everybody.
    alex

Alex,
    I am right behind you. I just downloaded the demo on Friday and managed something pretty close to what I would like to try for a first part. Congrats. My stuff should arrive tomorrow so I am really looking forward to getting it installed and start learning!

I made one part with V22 (still made most of my money back) and went back to V21. I have been using V23 since about March or so and I have been very pleased. I have forced myself in the last 2 months to only use V23 and now I can bang out a part fairly quickly.

gstegman, you may have to redraw your part if it was made in demo mode. Good practice, eh? Good luck and expect an update (free I believe) to the software coming soon.

i am useing autocad for my 2 d drawings and i want to import them into bob cad for my 3d work. i make tactical knives for a living. instead of sigtting at the grinder i will let the mill do my surface contouring.

alex

Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    I made one part with V22 (still made most of my money back) and went back to V21. I have been using V23 since about March or so and I have been very pleased. I have forced myself in the last 2 months to only use V23 and now I can bang out a part fairly quickly.

gstegman, you may have to redraw your part if it was made in demo mode. Good practice, eh? Good luck and expect an update (free I believe) to the software coming soon.
    Thanks SBC, I caught a thread here that mentioned that so I did not spend much time on it. Just trying the basics. I have SO MUCH to learn but am having a blast.

I currently have VS23 and VS23 attending training seminar soon, can I call on you for support in the future?

i have not got the software yet i dont know how i will be able to give you support.
    alex

Quote Originally Posted by gstegman View Post
    Alex,
    I am right behind you. I just downloaded the demo on Friday and managed something pretty close to what I would like to try for a first part. Congrats. My stuff should arrive tomorrow so I am really looking forward to getting it installed and start learning!
    Any chance you want to learn this together I am attending a training seminar end of month hope to grasp as much as possible and come home and practice practice practice etc......

I have VS22 with dongle I would like to sell if anyone is interested let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by machinist75 View Post
    Any chance you want to learn this together I am attending a training seminar end of month hope to grasp as much as possible and come home and practice practice practice etc......
    Sure, if it helps to flatten the learning curve I'm game. I have the DVD's coming as well so hopefully that will help. It will be a couple more weeks before my mill is together so I have a "little" time.

FIY for all of you Bobacd has some webinars in the support area, They have helped me with bobart and there are more coming. You may also find answers in the bobcad froums.
    http://www.bobcadsupport.com/support_bobcad.php

Quote Originally Posted by GaryCorlew View Post
    FIY for all of you Bobacd has some webinars in the support area, They have helped me with bobart and there are more coming. You may also find answers in the bobcad froums.
    http://www.bobcadsupport.com/support_bobcad.php
    Thank you very much. That was extremely helpful. I just watched them all and it answered a ton of questions.

Talking v 23

Hey Alex,
    I'll tell you , For me this is the easiest software to work with once you get up and running. Also you will get great support from here & Bobcams support site.
    David

i think my pacakge will be here tomorrow or friday. everynight will be spent learning and on the forum asking questions. it is really great to have support forums like this. i paid for private lessons on auotcad to get me going 10 hrs got me up and runing to draw and run parts on my milling machine. i will be able to import my 2 d drawings into bobcad with no problem from what i am reading.
    thanks alex

Looks like more Demo Mode for me. Although I ordered last Friday the 7th, I will not get my box until the 18th.

The great irony of course is that I work in the Supply Chain Logistics field!

Quote Originally Posted by gstegman View Post
    Looks like more Demo Mode for me. Although I ordered last Friday the 7th, I will not get my box until the 18th.

The great irony of course is that I work in the Supply Chain Logistics field!

Maybe a sympathetic ear then

BTW: Notice BobCad just released an update patch to V23, It looks very cool and have already found things working better with the new functionality.

This is a "Patch" so you will still have to wait for your installation package to arrive, but once your new software is installed, you can go to the help menu-About BobCad and notice your build number. The new build is 1463.

Run this update patch against your new install, then go to work.

The patch is here:

http://www.bobcad.com/updates

This can apply to ANYBODY who owns V23. Get on the latest build

Thanks a lot BurrMan. I'm running the upgrade now

BTW, Did you see my question on how to use FSTL here http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...837#post650837

Bobcad V23 is great for the money and working for so many now. I stuck through the versions even though the one almost broke my spirit. Now things are just getting better. High speed pocketing with corner cleanup to boundries on 3D paths they just keep putting more into this software. I am so slow here I have not had nearly the machining time needed but everything I attempt works great.

As for the training seminar you will love it. Sorin is great with Bobcad and he really uses it so he knows how it works. He has a web sight that he will tell you about in class for those who wish to see some of his videos that walk through machining a part.

http://cadcamtrainer.com/forums/index.php

Once signed up on the sight there will be an email with the video location as well as at the top of the forum for those who forget.