586,100 active members*
2,581 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > 100.00 per hr session

100.00 per hr session

does ant bgody know about the 100.00 sessions per hr. i just got my softwzare in yesterday and talked to a tech on the phone today. he went so fast i couldnt understand anything.
    alex

Bobcad used to sell training videos or CD's for reasonable, I would check into that cause if you miss something, just hit rewind vs $100 per hour.

I'll agree on the training CD's. You can also take a training class. The guy that teaches these, Sorin, is very good with BCC. Three days of hands on training with the ability to ask him questions makes this option well worth the money. I attended a class for V21 a couple of years back, it was very helpful.

Is Soring Still Working? I've been away from the zone for a bit and haven't heard from him. A few years ago, he did some dynamite training videos for us bobcad newbies. Thanks Sorin.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Bill - Only had few helio experiences in the Army, but remember this saying;

Only time you have too much fuel in a helicopter is when it is on fire

Steve.

When I got V-23 (skipped V-22), they said the training videos didn't exist. I told them to make the sale they needed to include the V-22 videos which they did. I haven't yet made the transition to V-23, but expect to spend huge time with the videos.

The V-21 videos have been my lifesaver a lot of times. Irked me that they changed the software so dramatically for V23 after I have become comfortable with it, but it is the "new" way.

Steve.

It definitely is the new way. A little clunky feeling at first but I have adapted quickly. The verify is what I have found that I can't live without. With the new control options for the 3D toolpath I feel that it is "complete" for me. If you do a lot of 3D toolpath you will quickly discard V21.

SBC,
    Are you using the Verify that comes in the regular system? As opposed to the Predator stuff, I mean.
    I do a lot of 3D Toolpath, but I work in small wood parts so I just hang close for the first run. I'd use verify if I remembered to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by jimlas53 View Post
    SBC,
    Are you using the Verify that comes in the regular system? As opposed to the Predator stuff, I mean.
    I do a lot of 3D Toolpath, but I work in small wood parts so I just hang close for the first run. I'd use verify if I remembered to use it!
    I have Predator VCNC Level 2 so I use it most of the time as opposed to the integrated verify (mainly because I can adjust the image quality and the backstep feature is handy).

Really though, the backplot function in Predator Editor Level 2 is what I use most because it loads fast, verifies fast, and it recognizes G41/G42.

Custom stock and fixtures from STL are good too! Plus, works off of g-code so you are verifying the gcode output as opposed to the system settings. Great for modifying your post processor.

+1 on Predator.

That extra totally transforms BobCad into a tool I can use with confidence (lead ins/outs and starting points always get me otherwise ) and... where you can tweak the gcode to your heart's desire... which I tend to do

BobCad without Predator level 2 is a different product -- it is that big of a deal.