586,111 active members*
3,271 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Too much frustration. help.

Too much frustration. help.

Hey

I have a x3 mill with cncfusion double-nut x/z and preloaded y with:

3 gecko 203v's
    keling 54v psu
    3 gecko stepper motors (23 for x/y, 34 for z)
    candcnc ubob
    mach 3
    dolphin pm pro

I have been at it for months and i can't get it to work. First the electronics started acting sporatically, then just started acting crazy. I was pretty positive it was the modular cards for the ubob kit so i took them out and re-wired everything by hand. but now i cannot get ANYTHING to work! i feel like i have tried everything and am down in the dumps about this. The problem is- no matter what i try the steppers won't moove! I don't know where to start trouble shooting but i have lost all motivation on this project. Some things that might help you guys help me:

when i turn on the electronics, i can hear the motors torque (so they r getting something)

Checked the voltage with a fluke and its right on the money.

I can post pictures of whatever you guys think it might be but i just need a bump in the right direction.

Thanks guys. Also if there is anybody in socal that i could pay to help me get this up and running...

edit: just to say it worked great for a while then the problems started about 4 months ago. i have worked on it almost daily to get it working with no luck. 4 months guys! im effing through!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teyber12 View Post
    Hey

I have a x3 mill with cncfusion double-nut x/z and preloaded y with:

3 gecko 203v's
    keling 54v psu
    3 gecko stepper motors (23 for x/y, 34 for z)
    candcnc ubob
    mach 3
    dolphin pm pro

I have been at it for months and i can't get it to work. First the electronics started acting sporatically, then just started acting crazy. I was pretty positive it was the modular cards for the ubob kit so i took them out and re-wired everything by hand. but now i cannot get ANYTHING to work! i feel like i have tried everything and am down in the dumps about this. The problem is- no matter what i try the steppers won't moove! I don't know where to start trouble shooting but i have lost all motivation on this project. Some things that might help you guys help me:

when i turn on the electronics, i can hear the motors torque (so they r getting something)

Checked the voltage with a fluke and its right on the money.

I can post pictures of whatever you guys think it might be but i just need a bump in the right direction.

Thanks guys. Also if there is anybody in socal that i could pay to help me get this up and running...

edit: just to say it worked great for a while then the problems started about 4 months ago. i have worked on it almost daily to get it working with no luck. 4 months guys! im effing through!!!
    Do you have a diagram of how you've wired it?

Regards,
    Ray L.

No i do not, i could draw one but i think it would be easier to show what changes i have made via pictures? or a video maybe. thats it, ill do a quick little video and try to post it up asap