586,036 active members*
3,657 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New to lasers

Just joined cnczone 8/15/09. I have been in the cnc world for 8 years. Working on lathes and mills. Have recently moved into the world of lasers. The company I work for just purchased a Trump 2530+ 3200 watt machine. Spent a week of training in Conn. Having fun trying to get the machine to do what I want it to. Glad I found this site. Plan to use it to keep up with the cnc world.

Welcome.!

Where are you from? What does your company produce?

I live about 35 miles south of Tulsa, Ok. in a small country town called Mounds, Ok. I work on further south about 20 miles in a town called Okmulgee, Ok. I have worked there for about 7 or 8 years now. The company I work for is into large electric motors. Anywhere from around 500 to around 13000hp. Normally we are really busy this time of year. But with the ecomomy the way it is we are just steady. We produce a lot of products for the power companies. Most recently we have moved into the nuclear industry. Sure like this site. Wish I had of found it much sooner.

:cheers:We are mostly a manual machine shop. Some of those machines are older than I am. Some are WW2 vintage. But the main thing is they still do the job. We are presently using the laser to cut motor laminations.
    What is it that you do?

Spent three week out there training on a 3030 4000 watt laser and trubend 3120 press brake, nice facility stayed in Farmington. Didn’t like the city to much crime.