586,116 active members*
3,502 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BCC - need motivation

BCC - need motivation

Hello. Thanks in advance for your time. I have just recieved BCC V23. I am working in a small shop in MN. I was an AE at a machine tool dealer until early July, and was laid off. For the past several years i have been using Esprit, Esprit Mold and CamTool and the builder cad cam. I am having trouble getting into BCC. I do not mean to be disrespectfull, but only two axis turning, no live tools. I just cannot get into it. So, my question is, does anyone have interset in starting a MN BCC Users Group? If you are near the twin cities. Also, is there anyone out there now using BCC, that made the switch from a high end package, either their own decision, or something out of their control? Thanks again and have a nice day.

Anything in particular that you would like to know? I'm very weak on the lathe side of things but there are many experienced BCC V23 lathe users on the BobCAD support forum.

www.bobcadsupport.com/forum

I've been told that BobCAD is difficult for users who have used other CAM packages. I was (still am) a G and M code guy for 13 years and still struggled a bit but I've gotten a decent hang of it now. You might be interested to know that there are commands in the post processors of V23 lathe specific to live tooling. If it's not available now, I reckon it will be soon. BobCAD staff might want to tackle that question. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask any questions. There are some great guys around here who are always looking to help.

Yeah live tooling is coming, but they are getting the base system solid before moving on to that.
    They spent time on the Mill side and this latest release is addressing the Lathe guy's.

I think you can look forward to a maturing of the product quickly. As the base becomes solid, things that appear in higher end packages are popping in!

If you are expecting to open up NX with Nastran when you start BobCad, you may be disapointed. If you compare BobCad with other software in the price range, you will be blown away. Just a bit more added and BobCad is equivelent to much more expensive software.

"I am just a BobCad user"