586,094 active members*
4,090 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: build 1465

Page 1 of 2 12

build 1465

Hi all How can I go back to build 1326 every since we installed new build had all kinds of trouble, Slice planar taking one hour to comput toolpath, remove geometry crash, have been on the phone with tech help they say the problem with slice planar is from the people that made the software. I have a hp pavilion dv7-1245 dx laptop with a amd turion x2 dual-core processor, ati radeon hd 3200 graphic card 4 gig of memory and 225 gb of free space. Every thing worked great till the last two builds last week, I need to get back up and running I have lost five days of production. Please help Thank You

sorry I forgot to say I have vista 64

I have the same exact computer and everything seems to run just fine except when processing some 3-d files, it might be slice planer. Says out of memory! I am trying it right now.

If you wanted to go back you could restore to and earlier date. This may not be the best way but It would work.

Tommy

Hi I'm also haveing some problems with 1465 build i'm running XP pro 2 gb nvidia graphics the cad frezzes with hour glass a lot with just simple lines maybe graphics need update any ideas thank
    David

That may help. I just priced a memory upgrade for my laptop and it is $340.00. Thaat would be 8GB. Some people have told me that Vista uses up a lot of memory and Bobcad
    told me that 4GB was the minimum.
    I cannot do a slice planer if the cut amount is set real fine.

I may bite the bullet and try the 8GB.

Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by RMT41 View Post
    Hi I'm also haveing some problems with 1465 build i'm running XP pro 2 gb nvidia graphics the cad frezzes with hour glass a lot with just simple lines maybe graphics need update any ideas thank
    David
    THere have been issues with the NVidia Graphics in the past. 8000/90-00 Series? SOmetimes getting the latest drivers has fixed it. Somewhere there has been some driver settings posted that can help also. If the latest driver for your card doesnt help...Post back.

My HP laptop has an ATI Radeon. I wish I could get some setting for mine.

Tommy

Nvidia Geforce 8500 gt
    Intell duo 3.0 ghz
    2 gig ram
    XP Pro

Doing some tests with sliced planer and it works great. so could you post a file for us to test? If not then some of the settings you have in the feature (stepover, tolerance, tool specs>diameter and radius, etc.).

I tested a 26 inch x 2.5 inch surface with .005 stepover and a 1/8 ball endmill. Took all of 30 seconds to generate path. Fairly simple surface though.

Step over or cut amount is .020 tool .25 dia./.125 rad.
    These settings are to get a finish acceptable for the part we are cutting. I was generating g-code for the part before the update in about 3-5 min. but know it takes twice as long in equa. dis. and for roughing out the part in slice planer it never finishes
    the compute toolpath. Slice planer setting are something like .250 tool .125 Rad. with a
    .050 to .075 stepover.

Tommy

Hey There Be Careful If you want to revert back to Build 1326...I tried to do it and it Un-installed the whole PGM. I am just leaving it as is..in the box..

What to do?

I am just getting started in CNC, got my disc today and installed. The version is 1326. For a complete rookie, upgrade or let it roll?

Thanks,

Greg

You can let it roll for a while, and maybe by the time you start getting comfortable
    they will have come out witha patch to fix all the problems we are having now. V23 is a very big leap forward from when I first learned on V19.

Good luck,
    Tommy

Same problem on 3 different computers

Wondering if anybody has figured out a solution for the 1465 update or what the specific problem is, was? After the update install Bobcad would crash upon opening. Had to revert back to the latest update. Tried contacting Bobcad but still awaiting a reply.

Whats your OS. There is an issue with W2k. The only other thing that didnt seem to work with 1465 was with Manual tools. They have posted an update that is being tried by a few that fixes the manual tool thing (so far) If it is verified, then it will get posted to the updates page. It can be found in the BobCad user forum.

The only thing that I have found that is an immediate crash is the w2K thing. They are looking at that.

If your not on W2K, Have you got into the specifics of your install method and had any help with trying to resolve this?

Glen and Alan at bobcad both told me not to mess with build 1465 as it has it's own problems. Build 1478 is out now. I have tried it and so far so good. You might want to try downloading it and trying your luck.
    Jeff

Where is the new update at?

Thanks
    Tommy

Just copy and paste this link into your searchbar.
    If this does not work go to www.bobcadsupport.com/tech choose software installs. hope this helps, Jeff

Now, if they would just do something about their fonts.

http://www.bobcadsupport.com/tech/in...adsupport/tech

Hope we are allowed to add links here. Actually you just have to click the link at the bottom of the last post and save to desktop.
    Jeff

I am having trouble generating a tool path in slice planer mode, where it was working fine before the update.
    Does it fix this problem?

Thanks,
    Tommy

I'm not sure, I've never used slice planar but they told me the older one had many toolpath problems that would be fixed in the new one.
    Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12