586,042 active members*
3,789 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Changing order of the wizards table in Mach

Question Changing order of the wizards table in Mach

Guys I was wondering, Is there a way to change the order the wizards appear on the list in Mach? I have a couple of wizards I use regularly and would like them at the top of the list so I don't have to scroll through the whole list to find them. Thanks!!

Larry O

Hi Larry;

Try putting a number (like "1") in front of the name of the Wizard...

Best regards,

Art Pentz

wizards

Quote Originally Posted by Phishaholic View Post
    Guys I was wondering, Is there a way to change the order the wizards appear on the list in Mach? I have a couple of wizards I use regularly and would like them at the top of the list so I don't have to scroll through the whole list to find them. Thanks!!

Larry O
    me too!
    RAD. Yes those are my initials. Idea, design, build, use. It never ends.
    PCNC1100 Series II, w/S3 upgrade, PDB, ATC & 4th's, PCNC1100 Series II, 4th

i too would like to know how to do that. if anyone has any thoughts on how to get into the files , i really would like to talk to you. 601-584-8450 day number

The wizards are located in C:\Mach3\Addons

You can delete the Wizard Folders you don't use to make a short list.

I also renamed the Wizard folder names to numbers, that way they are displayed in numeric order.

See the attached images.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wf.JPG   ws.JPG  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

You can ALSO call Wizards DIRECTLY from a Screen Button.

Download a copy of Screen designer, Screen3, or "Screen Designer" by Klaus from the mach support site, and add buttons with the Wizard name you use most often on the button title. Tick the VB button, and in the VB box, put this code:

LoadWizard ( "Wizard Name")

NOTE: Replace "Wizard Name", with the name of the wizard you want to appear. THE name has to be exactly what the name of the wizard is, includeing Caps, lowers, and whitespaces!!!!.

for Example the code: LoadWizard ("Cut Arc") Placed in a button on your screen button called for example "Cut Arc Wizard" will switch you directly into the Wizard your calling up.

NOTE2: This will only work for "Primary" Wizards, it will not call Sub Wizards from with in a Wizard Suite like the one from New Fangled, but you can call the Wizard suite primarily.

scott
    Commercial Mach3: Screens, Wizards, Plugins, Brains,PLCs, Macros, ATC's, machine design/build, retrofit, EMC2, Prototyping. http://sites.google.com/site/volunteerfablab/

I forgot to mention if you dont want to do screen work, you can also make a custom Macro and save it in your Macros folder of your Tormach profile.

you can open up "Note Pad" and put the code below in it. Then do a "Save AS", in file type put "all files", and name your Macro (in this example) as "M1200.m1s", save it to the PCNC-M3->Macros folder. ( I cant remember if you can open up the VB editor window of the Tomach version of Mach3, so the note pad given above is a work around to add Custom Macros).

You can then put that macro into your MDI line. I.e. M1200 then hit enter and it would pull up your Wizard screen in this example the "Cut Arc" Wizard.

'M1200.m1s

LoadWizard ("Cut Arc")

'enjoy,
    'scott
    Commercial Mach3: Screens, Wizards, Plugins, Brains,PLCs, Macros, ATC's, machine design/build, retrofit, EMC2, Prototyping. http://sites.google.com/site/volunteerfablab/