586,114 active members*
3,206 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazak Nexus 510

Does anybody have got this machine?Is it good for hard materials milling?
    What about the tapping capabilities?
    Thanks

theres a Mazak 510C At the shop I work at, It seems to be a fast and accurate machine. most of its work is milling blades for trim dies which it does very well, its also used to run small quantity production runs such as a bunch of custom connecting rods for a pulling tractor. Only problem is the guy that runs it can be kind of a jackass.(nuts)

It has rigid tapping that runs flawlessly.

510 c II machines

i run two of these machines and have yet to find any thing that will slow it down,, i love these,, it will tap holes like it was butter,, just run the taps slow, it will go below the depth that you input before it reverses, so drill the hole a bit deeper or leave the tap shallow and adjust the depth,,

the machines i have both have the tool sensor that can set your wpc, just run it slow, at first because the probes are touchy,, also ,, have the next tool in the pocket ready to go,, in some cases the tool change will bang and set the touch probe off,, giving you a false reading, ..

hope this helps,,

I have one...I'm very happy with it.

I've done some tapping at 5000 rpm with it. (not kidding, M2 form tapping, through holes)

I run it for production work in aluminum, and it does great. Make sure you get the Mazacc 2D AND 3D options. I also use it for making fixtures...typically 4140 prehard, and it does well there as well. HOWEVER, I also have a bridge style Mazak, and it is quite a stiffer machine. Not saying the 510C is bad (it is far better than anything from Haas, etc.) but if you're serious about hardmilling and trying to compare it to the likes of something like Makino, you might want to consider an FJV or a SMM machine from Mazak.