587,431 active members*
3,049 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fagor/MotionMaster Commands?

I'm still playing with a MotionMaster router, similar to the one pictured here but mine has the 8025M control:
    http://www.cncrouterstore.com/detail...ters-9129.html
    Mine has two 7hp Perske spindles mounted side by side on the Z and W axes respectively. I finally figured out that M51 turns on the Z spindle and M53 turns on the W spindle. My G-code command of S3500 does control the Z spindles RPM to 3500rpm but I can't figure out how to command the W spindle's RPM.
    Any help is appreciated !

Sorry to hear about your difficulties.... but, this is easily solved.

I had typed up a nice long reply to your problem, but the forum software seems to have deleted it.....I guess.

I'll give you the short answer, those M-codes are defined by the machine builder, in this case Motionmaster, who is no longer in business. However, it is easy to determine which M-code it is.... simply go to the M-code table and look at the ones that are defined, and then through a process of elimination, you can easily determine which M-code it is. (The M-code table is located in Special modes and then press (2), (Going out of memory it is 2) This process will only take a couple of minutes.

Or you can contact the company below that specializes in Motionmaster repair and understands your system very well. The gentlemen named Eric at this company was an Engineer at Motionmaster at the time your machine was built and can easily help you.

http://www.cncpartsdept.com/about.html

I hope this helps !

Todd

Hey thanks Todd !
    I fooled around some more this evening (despite the tornado watch in my area) and found M53 turns the W spindle on and M54 turns it off (M51 turns Z spindle on and M52 turns it off). I've tried different combinations of my limited G-code knowledge and can't seem to change the RPM of the W spindle.

S3500 M51 (Turns Z spindle on at 3500rpm)
    G4 K5. (Dwell 5 seconds)
    M52 (Turns off Z spindle)

The above code works fine and if I change the S value, the spindle accepts it and will run at the new rpm.

S3500 M53 (supposed to turn W spindle on at 3500rpm)
    G4 K5.
    M54 (Does turn off the W spindle)

Now this code works except the W spindle always turns on at what looks like about 1000rpm no-matter what S value I plug in.

I might call that guy tomorrow for the magic code.
    Cheers Todd !

Quote Originally Posted by bborb View Post
    Hey thanks Todd !
    I fooled around some more this evening (despite the tornado watch in my area) and found M53 turns the W spindle on and M54 turns it off (M51 turns Z spindle on and M52 turns it off). I've tried different combinations of my limited G-code knowledge and can't seem to change the RPM of the W spindle.

S3500 M51 (Turns Z spindle on at 3500rpm)
    G4 K5. (Dwell 5 seconds)
    M52 (Turns off Z spindle)

The above code works fine and if I change the S value, the spindle accepts it and will run at the new rpm.

S3500 M53 (supposed to turn W spindle on at 3500rpm)
    G4 K5.
    M54 (Does turn off the W spindle)

Now this code works except the W spindle always turns on at what looks like about 1000rpm no-matter what S value I plug in.

I might call that guy tomorrow for the magic code.
    Cheers Todd !
    That is interesting.... unless there is a parameter grossly set off, it sounds like you have a ground loop or something at the drive itself..... they typically have a reset key or input, you might want to reset that drive if you can. But, I am running blind on this because I do not know what they did in the interface.

Definitely talk to Eric, he knows your machine as well as anybody in the country considering he played a big part in the design of it to begin with.

good luck !