586,069 active members*
3,596 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > Assistance Needed Identifying A Ball Screw

Assistance Needed Identifying A Ball Screw

Greetings,

I've recently come across equipment using a ball screw with an OD of 16.9mm or .662". The equipment manufacturer only wants to sell me the entire assembly (Motor, gearbox & ballscrew w/nut) and I've been searching the internet looking for replacement ball nut without finding any. The nut moves 5mm per rotation.

Has anyone every seen or know where I might find ball screws that are 16.9mm in OD. This is not root dia but OD. I will appreciate any assistance.

Re: Assistance Needed Identifying A Ball Screw

You need to supply a lot more info than that.

What do you need to replace? Screw plus mounts?
    Why do you need to replace it?

What are the ball nut dimensions?

What are the end machining dimensions?

Even the same manufacturer will have many different models of screw / nut, and only one may be direct drop in replacement.
    7xCNC.com - CNC info for the minilathe (7x10, 7x12, 7x14, 7x16)

Re: Assistance Needed Identifying A Ball Screw

I imagined that by providing an odd OD of 16.9mm someone would point my in a direction of who may have manufactured the screw. I'm only looking to replace the nut. I don't even need the mounting pattern of my current nut which uses 2 pins on each side of where a flange would be. I can easily fabricate an adapter plate to your standard flange type ball nut to my equipment. I didn't mention that my screw is multi-start with 2 ball entry points at the end of the shaft. Shaft speed 1"/sec, 5mm travel / rotation, upper screw no bearing, nut runs a 10 lb table up and down.

Attached are the images of what I have.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screw, Lower Bearing & Gear.jpg   End Shaft Float End.jpg   Ball Nut Cage.jpg   Ball Nut OAL.jpg  

Ball Nut Top View.jpg