586,102 active members*
3,286 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > problems with verify

problems with verify

I am still haveing problems with verify after i compute the tool path. After i click on milling stock and edit the size the tool does not want to appear or cut. If i dont edit the stock only 2 sides of the work piece to be machined comes up. need help?

thanks alex

It's kindof hard to figure out what you mean by the short description. Can you post a file with feature in it?

Quote Originally Posted by alex 850 View Post
    I am still having problems with verify after i compute the tool path. After i click on milling stock and edit the size the tool does not want to appear or cut. If i don't edit the stock only 2 sides of the work piece to be machined comes up. need help?

thanks alex
    Alex,
    I am on day two of V23 (so know nothing) and had a similar experience today. I made simple square with text. I selected a pocket to leave me with raised letters. I intentionally picked a tool that was to large to cut the text to see what it would do. It left huge pieces undone. I also tried to change tools to no avail. Then I found if I edited my pocket, there was a tool setting there as well. Once I changed it there it worked!

My verify leaves lines from the end mill all over the screen like artifacts of the original graphic. Annoying but still cool to watch!

Posting the code with that part is fine. Evrything looks good to go except the verify procedure. The tool does not want to appear on my drawing that i import. But if i select a solid from the solids menu it machines half way there is something odd going on.,
    thanks alex

Hang tight guys. You are starting green with a software that is now a little new again to all of us. There are a lot of kinks they are sorting out with the new update. Some of the folks that have been using V23 for a while are familiar with some of the problems (like the trails in the Verify) and know how to work around them. It was mentioned in the BobCAD support forum that this update to V23 coincided with some massive updates from Windows. I'm actually having more trouble with my Windows update breaking things than I am with BobCAD.

For the "trails" and ghost images you are seeing, try knocking your graphics acceleration down a tad. For my nVidia card I went into the nVidia control panel and knocked it down a little from Quality to Performance. This is the quickest fix for that problem but you can also make custom settings specifically for BobCAD (if you have an nVidia graphics card). Try tweaking and see what that does for you.

Hang in there!

I SWITCHED TO MY LAP TOP WHICH IS ON LINE AND DOWNLOADED A POST. NOW WHEN I TRY AND VERIFY A BOX POPS UP SAYING NO DATA TO VERIFY. BUT I CAN POST THE G CODE IN POST MANAGER. IT IS DOING THIS ONLY ON MY LAP TOP.
    ALEX

Is the laptop a 64 bit system by any chance? Regardless, go into the Preferences menu and select Settings Default. In the Directories tab, make sure the selected directory for "Project" is this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Predator Software\Common Files\Jobs\ (for 64 bit systems)

or

C:\Program Files\Predator Software\Common Files\Jobs\ (for normal 32 bit systems)

See if that does the trick.

What's the build number you are using? (Go to Help - About BobCAD)

I guess this is it v23 01431465 . Exactly where do i click to for the 64 bit deal ?i am still lost on that.

thanks alex

In BobCad, Go to the help menu and click on System Info. Hit Copy to Clipboard, then post a thread in here and hit Ctrl+V. THis will paste that info in here.

You could try to right click your my computer Icon and choose properties and see if it says "Windows Vista x64" or something like that. I think in Vista its easier to go to control panel and choose system. XP does the my computer icon properties thing.

thank you for the help everything looks good.
    alex

Verify working for you then? No trails or ghost images?

Make sure that you only use "System Tools" or tools that you have already set up in your Tool database with this build. Serious problems there.

Quote Originally Posted by SBC Cycle View Post
    Verify working for you then? No trails or ghost images?

Make sure that you only use "System Tools" or tools that you have already set up in your Tool database with this build. Serious problems there.
    Not to hijack Alex's thread but I do have an NVidia card and tweak the settings yet I still have trails/ghost in verify.

Not the end of the world, just wish it wasn't so...

Thanks SBC,