586,103 active members*
3,827 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NEWBIE HERE... hi to all..

i just want to say hi to all cnc enthusiasts like me...

i was planning to build a cnc router for our project in school...

im not sure about the size but just a small cnc router to mill pcb boards...

i am very happy to accept suggestions from u all.. thanks.. good day...

It doesn't look like there is a whole lot of DIY PCB routing projects here, most router here are very big. I guess the reason is that there isn't much money to save as you can buy one with steppers (but not the controllers) for <$500 at ebay (this one is from Taiwan so shipping to the Philippines shouldn't be a problem)

If you for some reason want to make the router by yourself just for the experience then I guess downsizing the plans for a bigger router should be possible. If you aren't in a hurry to get started then maybe my project will help you. I do intend to share all the blueprints and results of my build, but I can't guarantee the quality as I don't have any experience in this field, and it might be a long time till I'm finished.

Doing this as a school project might work if its a project that goes over a whole semester, I know I would if I had the opportunity. The route I'm going might prove to be a bit much for a school project as I plan to develop and build all the electronics myself (including breakout boards, stepper control interfacing, drivers, self diagnostics, manual control, display readouts, but not the power supply) as learning experience, all this will take many hours I'm sure.