Register for free
Login

VF0 toolchange Shuttle

ok,

i hit reset and zero all axis's and the toolchange shuttle returned to home
    position. i ran 7 parts and then the shuttle comes in and stops i get alarm
    125 which is shuttle alarm. i cleared took out all tools, ran program and
    shuttle comes in and stops again so i know there is no interference with
    the tools. Anybody have any solutions???

thanks in advance

lapokerpllayer

Possibly a sticky relay for the shuttle out or shuttle in. They sometimes arc and can stick just long enough to cause shuttle out fault. You can remove them from the I/O board and clean the contacts with a diamond nail file.

Same sort of issue

I have a VFOE and get a fault now and then. my trouble is the shuttle servo dive hub works its way out and actually hits the main housing of the shuttle mount causing a fault. I found no way in the maintenance manual to tighten up its position either.....manybe someone here knows more than me.

I fix it by shoving the servo hub back on its shaft and then pry the shuttle back to its home position.......it can easily be done by pushing on the actuating arm. once i manualy push it back into position and I'm sure the home micro switch is depressed, it will rest and run again without trouble. this happnes to us about once a month or so.

Anyone know how to tighten up the hug right off the shuttle servo? Its a slip clutch type system, but seems to be able to float out and cause trouble now and then.....any help??

Quote Originally Posted by LakesideMachine View Post
    ......Anyone know how to tighten up the hug right off the shuttle servo? Its a slip clutch type system, but seems to be able to float out and cause trouble now and then.....any help??
    Are you sure it is a slip clutch and servo? My VF0 just has a simple gearmotor driving a crank arm, the same as my MiniMills and VF2s.

I have had problems on a MiniMill with the crank arm coming loose and moving out so it hit the housing but that was easily fixed by pushing it back and tightening the setscrew.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

it pays to ask questions here

I went and looked again and this time i now see the single set screw on the end of the gear box shaft. the gear box drives the shuttle arm with a slip clutch. the set screw must have been out of sight when we had the faults and never noticed it. When the clutch would slip, it must have hidden this set screw from us allthis time......

i remember trying to tighten the clutch nut to solve our trouble....to no avail.

Pays to just ask here.....i might have to hang out here more often