586,068 active members*
4,091 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question The Price is Right?

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]A friend of mine is hiring me to get a Nipetti Toyama TMC-40V CNC mill powered by FAUNUC Series 11 up and running so he can purchase it. All that is wrong is a limit switch code. This Friday I am going to go down and lube the machine, lube the ways, drain the cylinders, release the limit switch safety override in the box and jog the servos back (or manually take it off the switch). Quick way to make a deal. But what I need to know is does $5,000 sound like a reasonable price for the age of the machine I beleive it is an '85. And has 2,000 hours on it. I know more about diesel engines than any type of electric. So I need some help.... Diesels are my love ... CNC is my passion....But the sun uva guns are completely different. I just don't want my friend to get (wedge) on this deal. He's just graduating out fo college and using me for restoration, consultance, and programming. I figure the elast I could owe him is to ask around from people with more experience thanks alot.

Epik

I would say he has a bargain, that barely is 1 years use. How come it is low hours, was it in storage or a training facility?
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

It was used in a shop where they wokred on OLD corvettes and such. A tinker-toy if you will. the owners son is left behind so its sorta a fast 'n furious deal in the making. They are consulting me to ideas..... I wanna see it become like an old mansfield... To those who don't know it is sorta like a Sonic's where the food is brought out to you. The idea originated maybe 45 minutes away. But instead of bein a food joint....pretty much a hangout with food outside on nice days and stuff. It has a Mansfield style diner frame out front. Also there is some older stingrays in there... I am a modern car and ford fan but these girls are gorgous. put them out front in the huge glass windows on tables to strut their stuff. Then have a small shop in the back. We are planning on making a JIG for the table so I can engrave rims and heads and stuff for decoration. A machine shop/ Fast and Furious hangout club sounds pretty cool but we are exploring other options. It is right on the edge of a major highway ramp so it has great locale. If anyone has anyideas.... (topless bar/machine shop has bene thought of trust me) hit me up..... I'd liek to see it stay called the Stingray.... but with a twist. All the guys are graduatign college and im still in Highschool so its a young bunch. Any help would be appreciated.

Epik :banana: <---this thing kiks ....u know what