586,119 active members*
3,605 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need 100 -150 ton stamping ability.

I have a copyright on a design that I want stamped as a lapel pin. I am currently having the dies made, and need a US company to stamp them.

The pin will be stamped from 0.0625" brass and will measure 0.5" X 0.75". It will then have a tie tac pin fusion welded on before we send it out for gold plating. I will supply the stamping and trim dies. You will be responsible for delivering clean parts ready for assembly and plating. If you have automatic capacity, I will need to know what type of machine you have so I can get the dies set up to run on your machine.

This job has the potential of several hundred thousand pieces, so both of us can potentially make some money here. This pin is a political pin, and the people buying it will all be Americans, so I want all the work done here in America. Sorry to all of our global friends out there, but America has some problems that we have to address ourselves, and one of those is keeping some manufacturing work here in America for Americans.

(nuts) The guy on the right is from the new administration in Washington. We are the guy on the left.

Hi sdjdave,
    I don't have a punch press handy, so I can't do your stuff, but I have a question if you don't mind answering. Do you really need 100-150 tons or 10-15 tons? 100 tons or more seems like a lot for a brass piece less than one inch square.
    Later,
    Charlie

I have a punch press that could run your part. Please contact me if your interested.

The people making the die say that's about what I should need. I did a test strike with a different die than the one they're making right now and had a hard time getting pewter to strike well in a 25 ton press.

I'll be in touch with drawings showing what is being stamped. From what the die makers are telling me, it will need stamping and trimming. I'll have dies for both operations. Do you have automatic capabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by sdjdave View Post
    The people making the die say that's about what I should need. I did a test strike with a different die than the one they're making right now and had a hard time getting pewter to strike well in a 25 ton press.
    Thanks for the insight. I haven't done much in this area (punch dies) of machining, so it doesn't take much to stump me.
    Later,
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by sdjdave View Post
    I have a copyright on a design that I want stamped as a lapel pin. I am currently having the dies made, and need a US company to stamp them.

The pin will be stamped from 0.0625" brass and will measure 0.5" X 0.75". It will then have a tie tac pin fusion welded on before we send it out for gold plating. I will supply the stamping and trim dies. You will be responsible for delivering clean parts ready for assembly and plating. If you have automatic capacity, I will need to know what type of machine you have so I can get the dies set up to run on your machine.

This job has the potential of several hundred thousand pieces, so both of us can potentially make some money here. This pin is a political pin, and the people buying it will all be Americans, so I want all the work done here in America. Sorry to all of our global friends out there, but America has some problems that we have to address ourselves, and one of those is keeping some manufacturing work here in America for Americans.

(nuts) The guy on the right is from the new administration in Washington. We are the guy on the left.
    I like your attitude. I try to buy American whenever possible. I buy only domestic Aluminum for what I machine, it is hard to find as everyone sells cheap Chinese crap. I cannot believe how many people moan about high unemployment here then go fill their cart full of Chinese junk at Walmart every weekend. The people that think the small man or woman can't make a difference are 100% wrong.

sdjdave

Please contact me at [email protected]
    We are located in southeast phoenix area. 32th St & Broadway.
    We might be able to help you out with your project.