586,103 active members*
3,324 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > Employment Opportunity > CNC / Lathe parts in 7075 Aluminum or 303 Stainless

CNC / Lathe parts in 7075 Aluminum or 303 Stainless

Honest designer looking for an honest machinist with the ability to produce some custom parts in 7075 aluminum or 303 stainless (would like quotes for both).

I'm located in the Denver, Colorado area, but will accept quotes from anywhere (my last product was made in Arizona).

There are two different parts, looking for quotes on each. I have attached a PDF with renderings of the two parts.

Part #1:
    The basics: start with 3/4" diameter rod, need two concentric holes drilled, some milling, and a drill and tap for 8x32 screw. Smooth finish. Finished size of the piece is approximately 0.750" diameter x 1.500" long.

Part #2:
    The basics: Start with a 1.5"x1"1" block of metal, some milling, some drilling of concentric holes, and drill and tap for 8x32 screw. Smooth finish. Finished size of the piece is about 1.5"x1"x1"

If either of these sounds like something you could do, shoot me an email. I have a PDF of both designs I can send. When it comes time for fabrication I also have the AutoCAD file available (as .dwg or .dxf) so you don't need to recreate all the geometry.

Looking to have between 100 and 500 of each fabricated (please quote for each part, and in each material). Feel free to quote if you are only able to make one of the parts. If you would like the PDF's, PM or email me at:
    [email protected]

I will be accepting quotes for a two week time period (9/1/09 - 9/15/09).

-Jason
    JWfabrication
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jason. Sent email.

PM

Jason,
    I sent you an Email.
    Regards,
    Eric

Email Sent
    Thank you, Jake

Thanks everyone for the interest in the parts. I plan on keeping this RFQ open until the 15th.

FYI - To answer a few general questions which keep coming up, I am looking for quotes in both stainless (303 or similar machinable stainless) and a high strength aluminum (6xxx, 7xxx series). The reason is that this part will be subjected to wear (torque and rotation), and stainless would wear better (but would cost more). It also needs some corrosion resistance, which is why I say stainless or aluminum.

For Part #2, I show on the PDF the size as 1.5"x1"x1". This is not a critical dimension, so assume you can use 1.5"x1" stock, even though the finished product will be slightly smaller (can handle up to 0.05" less on outer dimensions).

If I award the quote to you, I can provide AutoCAD geometry, or geometry in any format that AutoCAD can spit out (also have TurboCAD if that adds any additional formats). I don't have other formats such as Solidworks or STEP, unless they can be exported from AutoCAD or TurboCAD.

Thanks again for the interest.

Just saw an error in my last posting. For Part #2, the part could be made from 1x1 stock (cut to 1.5" in length). I said 1x1.5 stock, which may or may not be an issue. It could be done either way.

First of all, thanks to all who took the time to review the drawings and submit a quote. As was expected, there was a wide range of quotes for both parts. All in all, I received quotes from 7 companies.

In the end, I chose a fabricator for Part #1 based on bid price as well as communication. The choice for Part #2 is still pending, based on a few small design changes that need to be made.

Below are the ranges of the quotes for comparison purposes. All items include the material. I just listed the price per item for the 100 item volume to keep it simple.

Part #1 in 7075 (100 quantity) $2.75 - $10.25
    Part #1 in stainless (100 quantity) $4.25 - $12.25
    Part #2 in 7075 (100 quantity) $3.75 - $17.25
    Part #2 in stainless (100 quantity) $9.25 - $22.75

Thanks again to all! Feel free to contact me with any questions.

FYI: I will not release the name of the winning offer unless THEY ask me to.