IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > Need Supermax post

Need Supermax post

i'm looking for supermax post, or matsura , or even a generic fanuc post

the reseller is working on it .... but i need something right now to output

thanks so much ... :rainfro:

Please read this thread.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22739

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

still looking for supermax post or matsura

or something close

1) What version are you using? Edgecam 11
    2) What type of geometry? Wireframe(lines & arcs) or Solid model. solidmode
    3) What did you try to do? output the program

If it's a post problem....
    1) What machine type? Supermax FV 102A or Matsura RA-1X or MC510-VF
    all ... 3 axis mill ...
    2) What control type? fanuc 18i-mb or 18-m or mpx-200i
    3) Sample of the section of the code that's bad.
    4) Sample of what the code should look like.
    5) if it's not a standard code, tell us what it does.

%
    O0002
    (PROGRAM NAME T2-1122700R8.NC)
    (DATE - 01/10/07)
    N1 G0 G17 G40 G49 G80 G90

N934 M6 T4 S2000 ( 1/2 SPOTDRILL )
    N935 G55 X.6693 Y-.175 M3
    N936 G43 H4 Z1. M8 T5
    N937 G98 G81 Z-.2661 R.1 F10.
    N938 Y-6.1199
    N939 X39.8425 Y-.175
    N940 G0 G80
    N941 M9
    N942 G53 G49 Z0 M19

thannks

Sounds like a pretty basic Fanuc. I have a post you can start with. It's a newer associative post for V10.75. Load it into Code Wizard and complie it. Probably need some tweeeking, but it's going to be very close. It has a basic machine in it for machine simulation.

With that being said...
    It's your responsibility to verify all output to insure the code will work for your machine. Air cuts and dry cycling the toolpath. Safety first.

Mike Mattera
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

thanks Mike

Hi All,

What I need is help understanding the tool changer on a Supermax max5. I got this machine recently with no user manual and I found an opperational manual for the control but am having trouble getting machine to run, mostly tool load or unload problem. I put tool in tool belt went to mdi and gave it tool load comand, tool loaded just fine but after loading the tool belt moves to a diferent tool pocket and then when I wanted to take tool back out , in mdi I gave control M02 comand but all I got was an alarm. I then tried jogging tool belt back around to propper pocket but didn't have any better luck. Is there some way to reference or line up the tool changer when you first power up the machine? My cincinnati has a tool changer aligne button but I could not find any thing like that on this control. Thank you in advance for your time.

regards, John S. Wracher

Accra Machine Shop, Inc.

what, i'm sorry, tool changing in supermax,

tool changing is code M6,

when you first start the machince, after you zero, zxy, go do mdi and run code, M19
    this will alling the tool spindel to tool change position, if you don't do that u will get alarms, after that it's simple, call up any tool go to mdi, T1M6; (END OF BLOCK AND THEN INPUT, HIT GREEN BUTTON TO RUN)
    one other thing that i should tell you that the machine will not put the tools in the same pocket, you should know that but i'm letting you know, it's all in the parameters, this dosent metter, machine knows which tool is in what pocket,
    this also can be turned off, you can have the tools go to the same pockets all the time, but no one dose this, it just takes longer for the machine to run the programs.

if u have a case where you have a large tool, and it would hit any other tools when it goes to the pocket, you can assing that tool as a large tool, also parameters,
    this leaves the pocket before and the pocket after always empty,

let me know if this is what you needed to know, if not, please explain more in detail.

Thank you for the quick response, I now have a nother problem. I got it to load a tool yesterday before I new how to align the tool changer. The problem is that now I can not get the tool back out. I tried going to MDI and entering an M02 but that didn't work. I also tried entering a tool change comand as if to load another tool and still no luck. If you have any ideas I would greatly appreciate them. Thank you for your time!

regards, John S. Wracher

what's with the m02
    m02 code is end of program ,

m6, is tool change

after the tool is in the spindel, you have to go to manual mode, then it will let you take the tool out, go to handel mode

I used the M02 because on my Cincinnati when I give it an end of program comand it also removes the tool. I had teried an M06 as well and it did not work either. My guy got it out today somehow, I am not sure how. But thank you, your advice has been very helpful!! I realy need to find a user manual for the Supermax but not sure where. Thanks again for all your help.

regards, John S. Wracher