I'd like to try making a nozzle to deliver an air blast to the cutting tip on my Taig. I've been spraying water-based lube by hand on the metal as we go but it's not doing all that well, the chips build up inside the cut during a deep rough and I have to spray them out anyways. Plus it's soaking the MDF I use as spoil underneath it and making it swell. I actually spent awhile with no lube and just kept the cut clean and cooled with the air hose pointed at the end of the bit manually and the results looked like it was going pretty great.

I looked at the little air blower I have spare:

Nice, no manual switch to hold down, and you can adjust airflow at the nozzle.

But I thought about it and the air hose I have off the compressor is heavy and not very flexible. If I mount it to the Taig headstock, I'm concerned that it'll weigh down the back of this blower tool, then rotate the tip of the tool upward as the headstock lifts and pulls on the hose. And there's not a lot of tolerance here, if the airstream misses the tip by 1/2" it's not worth much.

Is there a cleaner solution, like using a smaller, more flexible hose, something out of the hardware store? Anybody got a project page? Is "air blast" even the right term?