586,115 active members*
3,333 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Build Your Own IronMan Router

We are now offering the IronMan Router as a "build-it-yourself" kit. This kit is available in the 48"x24"x6" and 36"x24"x6" work envelopes.

The kit includes:
    -3/8" powdercoated steel frame members, in your choice of colors (grey, black, blue, red)
    -All aluminum extrusions
    -HIWIN linear rails for all 3 axes.
    -Rockford 5/8" 5TPI ballscrews for all axes
    -IGUS cable carrier set for X and Y axes
    -NEMA 23 motor mounts
    -Spindle mounts for motors up to 4.25" diameter (custom mounts available)
    -All nuts assembly nuts and bolts
    -Assembly instructions

You will need the following for a complete machine:
    -3 NEMA 23 stepper or servo motors (250 oz.in. or higher recommended)
    -Motor drive electronics
    -Spindle motor
    -Control PC and control software (such as Mach 3)
    -Table top

48"x24"x6" Kit: $3,595.00 Sale: $3,195.00

36"x24"x6" Kit: $3,195.00 Sale: $2,695.00

Custom kit sizes available. Contact us for details.

Blurry Customs
    [email protected]
    (208) 874-4192
    http://www.blurrycustoms.com
    IronMan CNC Router 24"x36"x6" -- http://www.blurrycustoms.com/

What is your turn around time for the 36"x24"x6" Kit? Is it in stock or would you have to work it up?

Also, is that 2" or 3" 8020 for the gantry beams?

Thanks!
    Frank

Turn around is approximately 4-6 weeks on the 3624.

All of the extrusion on the 3624 is 2"x2".

So how much $ down would you need to proceed on the 36"x24"x6" Kit?
    Do you have a working unit in your shop I could come by to see in person?
    With 4th axis?
    How much for the 4th axis?

I'm about 7 hours away but would be very interested to see this operating in person if possible.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by blurrycustoms View Post
    We are now offering the IronMan Router as a "build-it-yourself" kit. This kit is available in the 48"x24"x6" and 36"x24"x6" work envelopes.

The kit includes:
    -3/8" powdercoated steel frame members, in your choice of colors (grey, black, blue, red)
    -All aluminum extrusions
    -HIWIN linear rails for all 3 axes.
    -Rockford 5/8" 5TPI ballscrews for all axes
    -IGUS cable carrier set for X and Y axes
    -NEMA 23 motor mounts
    -Spindle mounts for motors up to 4.25" diameter (custom mounts available)
    -All nuts assembly nuts and bolts
    -Assembly instructions

You will need the following for a complete machine:
    -3 NEMA 23 stepper or servo motors (250 oz.in. or higher recommended)
    -Motor drive electronics
    -Spindle motor
    -Control PC and control software (such as Mach 3)
    -Table top

48"x24"x6" Kit: $3,595.00 Sale: $3,195.00

36"x24"x6" Kit: $3,195.00 Sale: $2,695.00

Custom kit sizes available. Contact us for details.

Blurry Customs
    [email protected]
    (208) 874-4192
    http://www.blurrycustoms.com

Frank, PM sent. Thank you for your interest.

Nice machine here.

Any news on those bigger mills that you have coming out? Estimated prices?

-Jason

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedsCustom View Post
    Nice machine here.

Any news on those bigger mills that you have coming out? Estimated prices?

-Jason
    Jason,

Thank you for the comments. Which machines are you referring to exactly?

The larger Spartan.

-Jason

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedsCustom View Post
    The larger Spartan.

-Jason

Ahhh... the Spartan Mill it is a little bit farther out and most resources being put into the Avenger spindle system, but we will definitely keep everybody updated on the progress of its development.

Please feel free to send any comments on what you have seen thus far. And thank you for your interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Farm View Post
    I'm about 7 hours away but would be very interested to see this operating in person if possible.

Frank
    Frank,

did you visit and see one of the routers? Did you see one running? What was your impression? I have studied Alex's routers for a while and think it is the one for me. However I have noticed some recent changes in dimensions/construction and wonder if anyone has one and could give a detailed report? The website is a bit confusing to me now. If I fill in the order blanks to build one it seems to show different dimensions than some other information I have seen and pictures seem to vary.

Thanks, JD

Quote Originally Posted by JD68 View Post
    Frank,

did you visit and see one of the routers? Did you see one running? What was your impression? I have studied Alex's routers for a while and think it is the one for me. However I have noticed some recent changes in dimensions/construction and wonder if anyone has one and could give a detailed report? The website is a bit confusing to me now. If I fill in the order blanks to build one it seems to show different dimensions than some other information I have seen and pictures seem to vary.

Thanks, JD
    JD,

We have made some changes to the machine design recently, primarily with the gantry risers. We have doubled the sides up to increase lateral rigidity, and to allow for several of the new options that we are developing.

I do apologize for the confusion caused by the website, it has lagged behind lately as we change a variety of things.

You'll probably notice dimensional changes in items like the IM3224HD router that we have on eBay, and the new ATC package built on the same frame. These items result from a new purchase of beautiful 20mm NSK rails that we are using on X and Y axis. This unit will have limited availability, and reduces the work envelope of our machine to 32.0"x24.0+"x6.0". Frank ended up with one of these machines, and was adding his own electronics to the unit.

Our standard product dimensions remain the same, and the primary change is the dual-HD riser, which is now standard, with the single riser becoming a custom option. The "HD" in the part numbers (IM****HD) indicate a 20mm rail on the X and Y axes, and though these are available in our standard sizes, only the IM3224HD come with the NSK rails at this time, due to the special purchase of the rails. And I can't say enough how nice these rails are:rainfro:. The remaining sizes are the HIWIN units.

I hope this clears up some confusion. We'll get back on the website as soon as we can. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by JD68 View Post
    Frank,

Thanks, JD
    JD,

I did purchase one of the newer HD units with the NSK rails from Alex a few weeks ago. So far I have finished adding my own electronics and computer setup and have done some very preliminary shakedown operations.

I just now moved the machine out of the office, where I did the final assembly, out to the shop where it will be from here on out. Hopefully I'll be making some chips with it later today to check tolerances.

I'll reserve judgement until that point, as I don't want to mislead one way or the other, but I will add that the fit and finish are real nice, and Alex was very easy to deal with.

I'll provide more accurate info later when I'm done shaking it down.

Regards,
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Farm View Post
    JD,

I did purchase one of the newer HD units with the NSK rails from Alex a few weeks ago. So far I have finished adding my own electronics and computer setup and have done some very preliminary shakedown operations.

I just now moved the machine out of the office, where I did the final assembly, out to the shop where it will be from here on out. Hopefully I'll be making some chips with it later today to check tolerances.

I'll reserve judgement until that point, as I don't want to mislead one way or the other, but I will add that the fit and finish are real nice, and Alex was very easy to deal with.

I'll provide more accurate info later when I'm done shaking it down.

Regards,
    Frank
    Frank,

I am looking forward to more info regarding your experience with the IRONMAN. Pictures would be great if you have some to share. Video would be even better.

Cheers, JD

Any news on the performance of this router? Thanks Tony

I really am quite impressed with how well the router is working. While I don't have a lot of run time on it yet, I feel it is a real good value for the money, considering what else is on the market.

If you're looking for a well built machine for a little more than starter machine prices, you really can't go wrong. Alex does a great job of offering machines at this price point and he should do well.

Regards,
    Frank