586,121 active members*
3,588 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamBam > Will not generate all of the tool paths/lines for this DXF art file? Please Help!

Will not generate all of the tool paths/lines for this DXF art file? Please Help!

I can't seem to get all of the tool path (lines,curves etc..) generated for this DXF art file when I do a "engrave" machine operation. After editing and configuring mops, The center of the design and misc parts/lines only get generated the rest are left out. If someone could please chime in, that would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Robert
    P.S. I use Rhino for all my Cad. I've had no issues with any other DXF but this one. ???
    DXF art file>>

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GXKL8X3I

Enter the confirmation key on the right when it prompts and just use the regular download speed. Its only takes a few seconds if that.

Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    I can't seem to get all of the tool path (lines,curves etc..) generated for this DXF art file when I do a "engrave" machine operation...
    I can't find any problems here... I tried CamBam plus and CamBam free and both seemed to create all the toolpath segments OK.

I did join all the segments together (CTRL+A, then CTRL+J), but the toolpaths would generate OK before this.

If you can upload a problem CamBam (.cb) file, I will do some more investigation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cool Artistic Symbol.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    www.cambam.co.uk

Sorry for the long delay, problem solved. Thank you very much indeed
    I changed save file {dxf} (in Rhino) from : default to polylines 2004 and it works perfect. Will now recognize all the polylines/lines/curves in DXF drawing when I generate toolpaths in Cambam(Sweet!). Now I can go engrave some stuff. Awesome product and great service, thanks again.

Robert